Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

Quote:
Oh WOW! I got teary eyed of these little cuties !
hugs.gif
Thank you for sharing!

Did I say three more pips already?????????????
Cannot remember
lol.png

Anyway, doing the thing I told myself I wouldn't.
Trips to the incubator every 15 minutes...just in case..........

Mr. coyote is waiting for one slip up.
He was in our pasture this morning and now is laying down on the otherside of the fence........

My doe is getting ready to deliver.feel like I should be sitting with her but it is so cold out
I can only take it about 15 minutes at a time..............She is so sweet.her mane is poppi.

Sounds like Texas is having a rough ime. CNN just reported a loss of 85.00 chickens due to the storm.
Sure hope none of our BYC friends have been affected.............

We might be needing to offer hatching eggs if that is the case.

Sorry for being so chatty.......
a lot going on all at once..........and making me so aware of my age.
I remeber when I raised sheep,I would hook up an electric blanket and sleep on hay bails when I had a ewe close to delivery.......
Guess I need to be grateful that I can still do what can do..
wink.png

Later

good news here i have one out & 2 more with pips. the one that was peeping yesterday didnt do anything till this morn then he decided it was a race since another pipped 1st lol it pipped & was out within an hr
woot.gif
woot.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

a wee black orpy X
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

good deal baynic...............
It takes a little practice.
Everytime I have what I think is a bad hatch, I tell DH " Thats it.never hatching again"
And of course in a week or so I have eggs in the bator...........
There is a lot of help available here..
Good Luck..............

Congratulations Ravin

Quote:
I think getting fertile eggs or at least knowing how to candle will help. Every single egg that I put in lock down was not fertile! I tossed two when I did the float test and one had a little blood in it, none of the other eggs did. I wasted so much time and energy on infertile eggs lol.

My friend (I found out she had chickens the last week of incubating) is gonna help me, she has a good hatch rate and she is going to give us some eggs. She said she doubts the ones she has now are fertile because they are inside because of the snow. When (IF) the weather ever gets better she will let them out and then give me some eggs. She is gonna give us a dozen. We want two hens.

So we will see.

Quote:
Ya know...no matter how many BCM eggs I order I never get more then 1 per hatch! Weird.

Well I'm REALLY glad you had some hatch! I have 1 that looks like #4 but sorta gold colored....its so fat N fluffy!
jumpy.gif

I do feel bad about the olive eggers though, I guess I just grabbed the wrong blue eggs. I need to come up with a system before I start selling hatching eggs.

I have a broody!
th.gif
A little mille fluer D'uccle. Almost pecked my hand off when I reached in the nest box earlier. Doesn't she know it's winter???? Silly bird!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom