Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

Quote:
I see you hatched Serama along with others. I plan on doing that with eggs being set this afternoon. I've heard the Seramas can often hatch a day or two early Did you notice the Serama hatching early? Did you set the Serama eggs later?

I put them all in together. The Serama hatched a day earlier than the rest, but that was good cause it gave them a head start. They are so tiny. Smaller than a quarter. I have 3 so far and one egg still in bator, just waiting to see. Got 13 little peeps altogether the last two days. Started with 27 eggs, so not a great hatch, but it was my first and with a wild mix I had on hand. Least I know which roos are doing their job. lol Ya never know, some more eggs might hatch tonight or tomorrow. Good luck with yours.

Quote:
clap.gif
wee.gif
I am happy for you as I know you were really wanting the silkies to hatch. Hope the other one hatches too!!
celebrate.gif

Well I just checked in there and 10 of 11 have hatched and no one has 5 toes. They sure are a cute bunch of what ever they are though!

maybe you got some silkie mixes? 10 out of 11 is good though.
wink.png

Debi, that second pic, the one you love, has the cutest eyes. They are all cute. I have a little fluffball on my lap right now while I sit at the computer.
big_smile.png

I, too, came home to a 'bator full of fluffy babies! Only four eggs of the 16 that went into lockdown are left, and one is almost fully zipped. I only discovered IT when I scooped up 11 chicks to put in a brooder!

Back
Top Bottom