Coccidiosis?

Bpage

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2022
Hey! I have a sickly 1.5yr old Olive egger. She’s been acting sick off and on over the past couple Months. But is now, really showing it by being puffed up, barely eating and Not leaving the hen house, staying mostly up on a roost.
She had some poop stuck to her butt fluff this morning and this was on the roost? Do you think she has Cocci, or some kind of intestinal infection? How should I treat her?

Attachments

• IMG_2387.jpeg
    IMG_2387.jpeg
    528.4 KB · Views: 27
Has she been laying eggs? Were eggs normal? Has she been molting recently? It is possible that she is suffering from a reproductive disorder or infection. What does poop look like? Coccidiosis is more common in young birds, but it could happen to an older bird. Corid, which is the treatment, can be used without a worry.

Has she been laying eggs? Were eggs normal? Has she been molting recently? It is possible that she is suffering from a reproductive disorder or infection. What does poop look like? Coccidiosis is more common in young birds, but it could happen to an older bird. Corid, which is the treatment, can be used without a worry.
She hasn’t laid an egg in almost 3 months. But they were all normal while she was. She hasn’t appeared to go through a molt like some of my others and has no pin feathers coming in.
i tried to post a picture of her poop in the post. Did it not show up?
If it’s a reproductive infection, what would be the best antibiotic?

Back
Top Bottom