Cochins passing pure blood - Cocci Kills

What a bummer. Sorry, Cy.
I feel as though it is a tough year all around with critters and losses. I know this year has already been crap for me (lost my favorite Cochin pullet to a hawk, my house bunny died, pet piggie with a pulled hamstring, lost another Speckled Sussex pullet to failure to thrive, laying duck to a rotten drake, cat attacked by coyote and just last night, a huge rat tunneled under the hardware cloth of my pheasant pen and killed one of my pheasants)! This year can go ahead and suck it already.
Rats :barnie
I'm sorry you lost a pheasant.
KILL the rat bastards today!
:oops:

What a bummer. Sorry, Cy.
I feel as though it is a tough year all around with critters and losses. I know this year has already been crap for me (lost my favorite Cochin pullet to a hawk, my house bunny died, pet piggie with a pulled hamstring, lost another Speckled Sussex pullet to failure to thrive, laying duck to a rotten drake, cat attacked by coyote and just last night, a huge rat tunneled under the hardware cloth of my pheasant pen and killed one of my pheasants)! This year can go ahead and suck it already.
:hugs

I hope things start getting better!

Gosh darn I feel so, so, so bad for the seller. I informed her that the Cochins didn't make it and the poor woman is extremely upset. :oops:
IF it is/was coccidiosis it is highly possible they picked it up at your place.
Your older flock may not be bothered by it (coccidia) anymore but these new birds weren't able to build up a tolerance to it for one reason or another.

IF it is/was coccidiosis it is highly possible they picked it up at your place.
Your older flock may not be bothered by it (coccidia) anymore but these new birds weren't able to build up a tolerance to it for one reason or another.
I'm fairly certain they got it here. Except Egg Man's Cochins have it too. He pulled them from fair today.
The seller kept these birds indoors their entire lives and cleaned their pen daily.

I'm fairly certain they got it here. Except Egg Man's Cochins have it too. He pulled them from fair today.
The seller kept these birds indoors their entire lives and cleaned their pen daily.
Poor birds...I'm surprised any of her birds survive once they leave her place.
She might want to start selling them with a package of Corid.

Is Egg Man going to be able to save his birds?
Did he start Corid in time?

Poor birds...I'm surprised any of her birds survive once they leave her place.
She might want to start selling them with a package of Corid.

Is Egg Man going to be able to save his birds?
Did he start Corid in time?
He took them out today and started treating today. They have very little blood in their stools right now but if they're anything like mine they won't make it.

He took them out today and started treating today. They have very little blood in their stools right now but if they're anything like mine they won't make it.
I think if he starts treatment fast they will make it.
Tell him to be sure to give the Corid drench tonight too and NO vitamins while using Corid.

Back
Top Bottom