Colorado?

Quote:
I am glad to hear first hand experience with them in regard to poultry. When I inquired, they told me that if I dropped off birds first thing in the morning that I could get them in the late afternoon on the same day. I am pretty sure they only process them on Saturdays. Even if I got them the same day, not sure what I would do in Simla all day....
roll.png

Quote:
I had the same problem with the guy in Fort Collins. I use NC Poulty, they treat me well and do a fantastic job and they are USDA inspected. They caught one of mine that had an infection throughout, I'm glad they caught it.

Last edited:
Not snowing again here....yet. We had some flurries this afternoon right after I decided to call it a day with working on the coop. Almost finished! Just have to put on the hardware (hinges and latches) and will be all set. Have the brooder finished and waiting in the basement bathroom. I discovered that the lights in there really heat up the small space when they are on... so will use that for the chicks (plus a regular heat lamp in the brooder). Plus the vent/fan in there can really suck out air so if things get a bit chick-smelling, then I can kick that on. Hopefully the weather will be better on Sunday and I can finish things up.

Springs, anyone??? We are new to this no chickens yet, but where laying out all our plans. I hope we will have it all set for when I return home. (any tips/advice would be great)
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom