Pics
The girl settled right in last night, probably happy to be away from those boys! LOL but the boy needed a pep talk/reality check last night :lau

He was at the gate screaming to his brothers. I’m like dude, they’re gonna think you’re a coward!! And I’m giving you 12 ladies all to yourself! I’m getting rid of your brothers. You’re the only one I’m keeping. You’re lucky. Now go impress them. You can’t just hang out with your bro’s forever. I’m giving you your own flock! But they’re gonna think you’re a big coward!! :lau

Meanwhile I was holding him and petting him lol and he was being a coward! He was scared of the dark coop and wouldn’t go in!! 🙄 But after his pep talk he was fine LOL although now they are both hiding in the coop :lau 🙄

Jack is gonna be a biiiiiiigggg boy when he finishes growing up 😂 he’s only 17 weeks old and he’s already HUGE. These pictures don’t capture how truly huge he is lol

7B2A9250-AD2E-48DD-A6EE-E15D4E86873D.jpeg 3173BADB-6011-47A6-AB0A-E1898833964A.jpeg C6358DB5-813F-4CBD-A2C5-70B245E9792D.jpeg 1D557D0F-82AE-4841-83BC-6E1BB3EAAA1C.jpeg 8AC58F02-2198-4B79-99D4-5B9674C85F64.jpeg D54F3D7A-2490-48AD-BA9F-BD75AD02ACCB.jpeg 2244AE1D-B769-45C5-8CCD-A200D3F2D56A.jpeg

He's so beautiful :love And he's already HUGE!! He's gonna be a big boy. :)

Thank you! I think so too!! :love And yes he really is!! LOL pretty sure his head is already at or above my knee but he won’t let me get close enough to be sure lol but I’m 5’ 11” :th and he’s way bigger than my full grown hens already!! I’m a little worried he might squish some of them :lau

Ooh yes weigh him! I'm curious 😬

I definitely will!! I’m super curious too!! He’s definitely a big boy but his chest is still pretty bony so I’m not sure if it’s all fluff or not!! Really want to find out lol I definitely think he’s big boned too though!! I think he will end up filling out a lot.

Not really sure how to weigh him accurately. Last time I brought a bathroom scale outside and weighed myself then picked a chicken up :lau

Probably not the most accurate lol

But I’ll weigh him and let you know!! Might mess around and weigh them all :lau

I used to have an actual chicken scale. It had a harness that you sort of wrapped around the chicken's middle so they couldn't move. It worked pretty good once they realized it wasn't gonna eat them. 😆

I used to have an actual chicken scale. It had a harness that you sort of wrapped around the chicken's middle so they couldn't move. It worked pretty good once they realized it wasn't gonna eat them. 😆

Oh wow that sounds amazing!! I didn’t even realize there was such a thing!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom