It's not opinion but the law, both written and common sense.
It's illegal to relocate wildlife in Michigan, for good very reasons.
To the nature center it is not considered unlawful as they are for the animals survival. I posted my opinion on the subject understanding what responses I would get.

To the nature center it is not considered unlawful as they are for the animals survival. I posted my opinion on the subject understanding what responses I would get.

You dirty sinner ;)... you need some preaching to get yourself right, lol

I’m just teasing you, I just get a kick out of the way folks on BYC feel compelled to tell others how to be.

25008BFD-A9C2-431E-8F5F-6249C7F25641.jpeg

You dirty sinner ;)... you need some preaching to get yourself right, lol

I’m just teasing you, I just get a kick out of the way folks on BYC feel compelled to tell others how to be.

View attachment 1843064
I was thinking the same thing. I don’t release much except babies but I couldn’t care less whether or not someone releases animals they catch.
The first question that should be asked in a Predator and Pests thread is whether or not they are planning on releasing the critter. If you don’t agree stop helping. If people are foolish enough to release animals that are killing their chickens and get a warm and fuzzy from driving the raccoon down the road a piece so be it. Isn’t bothering me.

Please note... mine is not an opinion but considered the truth according to their evidence by authorities on humane treatment of animals. That is why I asked you to educate yourself on the subject. Have you called the canter and asked what they would actually say if you were dropping of a coon or anything else? People who relocate often do it because they think it's the most humane thing to do. They are OFTEN wrong. If you cannot dispatch or relocate LEGALLY, then you are encouraged NOT to trap.

All Nature preserves I know of are for a specific set of animals and not for drop offs from other areas to upset the balance.

I understand you expect backlash... I'm offering education on the subject as we are a community that is here not only to share our ways but learn from each other and hopefully or at least the lucky ones will see their minds expanded.

Relocation at 2-3 miles away as mentioned is basically a joke. But now if they read this public forum they can come searching your place when they are over ran with drop offs. :gig

Seriously though, I like your positive attitude. Thanks for sharing! :highfive:

Please note... mine is not an opinion but considered the truth according to their evidence by authorities on humane treatment of animals. That is why I asked you to educate yourself on the subject. Have you called the canter and asked what they would actually say if you were dropping of a coon or anything else? People who relocate often do it because they think it's the most humane thing to do. They are OFTEN wrong. If you cannot dispatch or relocate LEGALLY, then you are encouraged NOT to trap.

All Nature preserves I know of are for a specific set of animals and not for drop offs from other areas to upset the balance.

I understand you expect backlash... I'm offering education on the subject as we are a community that is here not only to share our ways but learn from each other and hopefully or at least the lucky ones will see their minds expanded.

Relocation at 2-3 miles away as mentioned is basically a joke. But now if they read this public forum they can come searching your place when they are over ran with drop offs. :gig

Seriously though, I like your positive attitude. Thanks for sharing! :highfive:

FBE54BD9-D0BC-4B29-84BC-ED9ED7E4D49A.jpeg

:gig

I know I'm going to get some back lash from this reply, but knock on wood I have not had an actual attack on my flock yet but if I do I will be live trapping and turning loose. That said I am less than 2-3 ish miles from a nature center! So far coons have been my only issue, besides a possible (not thinking it was) lone coyote in my back yard.
I don't have a problem with relocation that way. But I can't relocate it if I have not successfully trapped it.

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t release much except babies but I couldn’t care less whether or not someone releases animals they catch.
The first question that should be asked in a Predator and Pests thread is whether or not they are planning on releasing the critter. If you don’t agree stop helping. If people are foolish enough to release animals that are killing their chickens and get a warm and fuzzy from driving the raccoon down the road a piece so be it. Isn’t bothering me.
It isn't my intention to tell someone HOW to be... but definitely my intent to share the truth about the law and the aspect considered "humane"... as people cannot change what they don't know about if they are misinformed. :confused:

Beyond that, people make their own decision whether we like it or not... and I usually DO quit wasting breath (or finger muscles) once it becomes clear that a poster is going to ignore any information given even if it's good. We all have reasons we do what we do. :)

OhZark... you are funny! :gig

Back
Top Bottom