Corid and eggs

Welby49829

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
I have a mixed flock of about 70 hens. Ages 2.5, 1.5 and, .5 years old. Last week I had 7 young birds die. They were moving very slow and seemed sluggish. All the birds that died were the young ones. After reading some of your posts I started to give them some corid. I haven't lost any more birds and they seem to be doing better. I do have a few questions. I was getting about 22 to 28 eggs per day. I am only getting 10 to 14 now. Is this common? Are the eggs ok to eat? Do they lose their feathers? There seems to be a ton of feathers all over the place. I am going to butcher some in about a month, can I eat the meat? If you need any more info please let me know. Thanks for all your great posts.

Mark

Quote:
It sounds like your birds are in molt. Egg laying almost completely stops when they are in molt. It will take quite abit of time to regrow their feathers. There is no withdrawal for corid, eggs are safe to eat. One months time for slaughter...yes, you can eat the meat. Corid and feather loss due to molt arnt related, just coincidence. One of my Hamburgs is in molt and has stopped laying.

Back
Top Bottom