Pics

DiYMama540

Crossing the Road
Jun 25, 2019
SW VA
My Coop
My Coop
Anyone have experience with cotton patch geese? I've found a breeder that is about 2 hrs from me, and honestly the heritage breed conservation intrigues me. I'm considering getting a pair and seeing how it goes. Wondering about their general temperament and noise level? I do have neighbors close by, that have not yet complained about my birds, but I imagine if it's constant honking there will be trouble.

Sound off in the comments please! Have one grey pom who is in need of a friend (or 2). So I'm definitely on the hunt for a buddy and would rather not wait until spring hatches, but I may have to, to be able to get another Pom. I did get an Embden for a short period of time, but that didn't work out. He was a jerk to the other birds and humans as well. I highly respect all of your knowledge and advice, so help me out guys!

IT'S HAPPENING!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it! Finally got in touch with the breeder and she says she has a CP gander that she feels will be a perfect match for me and my pom!! Meeting her Tuesday morning!
It hasn't bonded with any of her flocks and has been a loner..she says she really wanted to see him go with someone who's not breeding and looking for more of a pet!
So...any advice on how to try to get him integrated into my current flock? (1 goose, 2 ducks, 4 chickens)
@N ID Goose mom
@Miss Lydia
@WVduckchick
@WannaBeHillBilly
@Pyxis

I've got the perfect space for this...last week we made the drake jail area, so I think I will put new gander there for a while, and figure something else out for Tom the drake.

As far as quarantine, is this as necessary with geese? I'm assuming coming from a breeder they should all be in good health.

Back
Top Bottom