Countdown to the first egg. Buckle up, it could be awhile....

Pics
I love welsummer. They are nice quiet pretty birds.
One of the three is probably my loudest chicken! I don’t know which one but she has a very grumbly low complaining drawn-out buuuuuuuuuuack bwuaaakkk sound she makes. It’s strange. They are definitely the best foragers, they are laser beam focused when they see a bug or moth or something. I really have enjoyed having them.

One of the three is probably my loudest chicken! I don’t know which one but she has a very grumbly low complaining drawn-out buuuuuuuuuuack bwuaaakkk sound she makes. It’s strange. They are definitely the best foragers, they are laser beam focused when they see a bug or moth or something. I really have enjoyed having them.
I had one that was a super talker. She would follow me around talking the whole time. She was one of my favorite chickens because she had such a memorable personality. :)

Well. I’m on my last chicken profile. And although I am still eggless, I am not yet hopeless. I truly had convinced myself that I would have an egg by now! Even if it was tiny, even if it was cracked, even if it was a fart egg, or a soft egg, or a partially eaten egg - just one egg!!! I may just check back in to say egg/no egg each day- I need something to look forward to!!!

So here is profile 16/16. The most inconspicuous chicken of the bunch. The Black Sex Link named Chickadee.
0B38D180-60DA-4402-926B-3ADAD0D68C0D.jpeg

So Chickadee has two BSL sisters. Nicey has the least gold spillage. Scary Spice has the most. Chickadee is somewhere in between.
9F7B6A7E-4300-41D8-8D1F-C2DA3059AAF9.jpeg

Again, I saved the chicken who blends in the most for last. Chickadee is just very pleasant. That’s about it. Perfectly pleasant.

I really wasn’t looking to get sex links chickens, I feel like I added them to my order as an afterthought. But they are so amazing.
429D4E61-BFC7-4C59-9F58-1502EAA3322F.jpeg

They are quite friendly chickens, not timid but not aggressive. They are very pretty and quite hearty looking birds. I’m happy I ordered them and have them as part of my flock.
54D90F0C-681E-4D59-A151-328CAFC561F2.jpeg

I really thought these 3 ladies would be the first layers- but alas. It hasn’t come to pass.
3E51102C-A60C-43FA-8145-8F396B5F614C.jpeg

So that’s it. Chickadee is the last of the lot. And that’s all I have to say about that.
12B5EB3B-59C1-4916-B258-14BC70786034.jpeg

Attachments

• 6962B56F-4162-48E2-AC55-7488E6417A52.jpeg
    6962B56F-4162-48E2-AC55-7488E6417A52.jpeg
    614.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Well. I’m on my last chicken profile. And although I am still eggless, I am not yet hopeless. I truly had convinced myself that I would have an egg by now! Even if it was tiny, even if it was cracked, even if it was a fart egg, or a soft egg, or a partially eaten egg - just one egg!!! I may just check back in to say egg/no egg each day- I need something to look forward to!!!

So here is profile 16/16. The most inconspicuous chicken of the bunch. The Black Sex Link named Chickadee.
View attachment 2383556
So Chickadee has two BSL sisters. Nicey has the least gold spillage. Scary Spice has the most. Chickadee is somewhere in between.
View attachment 2383559
Again, I saved the chicken who blends in the most for last. Chickadee is just very pleasant. That’s about it. Perfectly pleasant.

I really wasn’t looking to get sex links chickens, I feel like I added them to my order as an afterthought. But they are so amazing.
View attachment 2383560
They are quite friendly chickens, not timid but not aggressive. They are very pretty and quite hearty looking birds. I’m happy I ordered them and have them as part of my flock.
View attachment 2383557
I really thought these 3 ladies would be the first layers- but alas. It hasn’t come to pass.
View attachment 2383567
So that’s it. Chickadee is the last of the lot. And that’s all I have to say about that.
View attachment 2383562
Chickadee is adorable! :love

Hope you get some eggs soon. I’m at 22 weeks and still waiting but my girls are starting to squat. 🤞🏼
That’s so exciting! So they just squat when you walk by them? I’ve been trying to put my hand out towards mine and they are just scurrying away like I’m nuts, none of them have done anything resembling a squat! I’d love to hear when you get your first egg!!

Back
Top Bottom