Countdown to the first egg. Buckle up, it could be awhile....

Pics
That’s so exciting! So they just squat when you walk by them? I’ve been trying to put my hand out towards mine and they are just scurrying away like I’m nuts, none of them have done anything resembling a squat! I’d love to hear when you get your first egg!!
Yes squatting is a sign. No squat, no eggs.

I have to say not everyone squats before laying when my austra white Powder started laying she didn't squat but my black australorp Delta was starting to squat so for the first few weeks that powder was laying i thought it was Delta lol powder just started squatting a month after shes been laying .
Keep the hope alive!!!! Thanks for telling me this!!

These freeloader pullets thinking they can just eat and not lay?! :th
lol! What kind of chickens do you have??

I have a barred rock, buff orphington, silver laced Wyandotte, and 3 E.E.

My money is on the BR laying first she has deep red wattles and comb. Like yours one of my nesting boxes has been investigated. The other night I found the BR, 1 EE, and BO all snuggling in one nesting box but no egg!

On the good side of things despite no eggs they made up for it in making my garden kick butt this summer! I made chicken poop tea each AM with what I scraped off the poop board, and watered the garden with it. Best cucumbers and squash I have ever grown this year! In my opinion now chicken poo is garden gold 💙 still want some eggs though!

Back
Top Bottom