~Crazy 24hr Auction II ramblings~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also saddened to see that the monthly swaps are no longer allowed. How else can I trade my eggs and get a decent set of pure breed eggs in return... and only pay for shipping?
I could post in the BST section what eggs I have & what eggs I want, but there's no guarantee that someone who wants what I have, will have what I want. The swaps were arranged so that everyone could get what they want.
I think it is unfortunate for the members to lose these 'moderated' trading arrangements.
I understand the reasoning behind the decision to close them. I appreciate that the members' best interest is the motivating factor in the decision. I just think it limits some of the members' choices and options.
I also think the "Trades & Swaps" should be removed from "Chickenstocks, Shows, Trades & Swaps" for clarification purposes.
smile.png

This really isn't the place to discuss feedback on the new policies. As I stated in my post here , there are too many problems with a free form system that causes a lot of problems for the members and the staff.

Please note that you guys aren't privy to the mountains of reports and PM's we receive related to Buying and Selling issues on BYC.

Again, if you have questions or suggestions on the new policy, we request that you direct them to a member of the BYC staff.

Quote:
MOST of those theads were started prior to the new system being in place. Check the dates of original post new system of limiting sale adds only started Sept 09, some of the swap threads were started in 08, so they are being accused of skirting something that happened after they were started. Sortof like passing a law banning chickens in your town, and making you get rid of yours even though you have raised chickens there for years before the new law was passed. In most cases such as this you are Grandfather Claused and allowed to continue raising in the same manor you are, but not allowed to expand.
old.gif

Quote:
what if?.... (I promise any other ideas will be pm'd to staff, but I'm curious what others will think of this idea... I haven't posted any auctions, so I don't know the difference yet)

We had an auction discussion thread, and used the required auction system? Then folks could discuss, and maybe even link lists of, auctions?
idunno.gif

I'm still thinking about swaps... and regional threads. Sounds like some people could benefit from going back to those. Full time job getting this sorted out though. =\\
Good luck and let me know if I can help. Meanwhile will keep brainstorming.

Quote:
MOST of those theads were started prior to the new system being in place. Check the dates of original post new system of limiting sale adds only started Sept 09, some of the swap threads were started in 08, so they are being accused of skirting something that happened after they were started. Sortof like passing a law banning chickens in your town, and making you get rid of yours even though you have raised chickens there for years before the new law was passed. In most cases such as this you are Grandfather Claused and allowed to continue raising in the same manor you are, but not allowed to expand.
old.gif

I realize some of these threads have been going a long time. Wouldn't grandfathering them in be the same as allowing them to expand? Rules and regulations change and not everything is or should be grandfathered in. Just because we grew up without seatbelts doesn't mean we shouldn't have to go by the current rules about them.

Last edited:
FYI:

There are two main categories of "swaps"

1) One-to-One: These are they that are person-to-person swaps like the crazy 24hour auctions.
2) Many-to-Many: These are they that are a large group of people that are organized as large groups where no money is exchanged. Similar to quilt swaps, etc.

The first ones are the types we are currently addressing. Any person-to-person transactions, even if they are free items, trades, etc. must be in the new BSA listings system.

The second type, many-to-many is being discussed by the BYC staff. Many of the problems we've seen with the old BSA system also apply to these "group swaps", but we're trying to see if there is a way we can allow these to continue in a way that minimizes problems.

Again, any person-to-person auctions, trades, etc. MUST be done with the new BSA system.

The BYC Staff is in the process of discussing the "group swaps" and brainstorming ideas and we'll make an announcement once we've made a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom