CROCHET BABY AFGHAN SHOWER PROJECT signups NOW OPEN & On Going

Quote:
Thats why you call all the men in your life HONEY, BABY, Sweet-pea whatever... then you don't need to worry about gettin em mixed up!
gig.gif

omgoodness, yall dont want to even think about what we call each other in the dark of night... lol Something along the lines of.."get back on your side of the bed dumb-bunny" um and it aint bunny... hehehe
My store trip got shoved to monday after I take Alyssa to PT then to school... grrr
Think I'll start with doing a few with the bernat white, to make sure it looks as good as yalls are turning out.
big_smile.png

Sk
hide.gif
I bet they will look Great.
clap.gif
Any ways we have some we can mix and match on so go ahead and do squares in the Bernat baby is a great yarn. I love it
love.gif

Scoot I am soo glad you are doing some caps for the babies, again Thank you. I know they will be beautiful
clap.gif
clap.gif

Momma in waiting List
1. Okiemommy eggpecting 1 or 2 (dont know until Jan 5th)

3. Carrie eggspecting a boy about 1st or 2nd week in Feb
4. Asher eggspecting a boy in May ( brings a total of 7 Babyghans)
so far

Last edited:
Karan, I am square disabled... no matter what I do, I can't get myself to make squares right now...Can I maybe do hats too? One for each baby? I want to do something, but I need to pick one swap and stick with it and I am a little afraid of what SE will do if I drop the Spring swap (jk SE, I don't *think* you would lock me in the hooch closet.
wink.png
hugs.gif
)

But...I am not sure I can even handle making 30+ circles for that swap....
hide.gif
but I can do circles better than I can do squares...and I can't afford to buy any more yarn right now...just have to use what I've got...oops...did I write that out loud? Maybe I should have PMed this... ....
hide.gif

Quote:
Sure Rocket get with Scoot on it or maybe ya want to try to do a couple of pairs of booties. SE did some very cute ones and posted the link for the pattern. I am going to do a few of the booties my self. Use what ever color you have in baby yarn.
here is the link
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevsbooties2.html
they can be solid or tri colored.

Thanks so much for wanting to help.
love.gif
hugs.gif

Love yas
big_smile.png
Karan

Thanks the booties look like fun... I have several baby colors so I will probably start practicing.
smile.png
I will probably do hats first since I am pretty sure I can do those quicker....anyway, I have some time at least...

lau.gif
We're gonna be handing out hats at the door!
lau.gif

Anyone got the blue yarn? I love it, very pretty blue, like a perriwinkle or cornflower blue, lovely!

Quote:
Of course you are Darlene!! Consider yourself in the same category as one of my daughters..five of them and I still get them mixed up
lol.png

I just finished reading the directions for the throw. Now that sounds really nice. I would like to give that one a try.

No worries!!!

Karan, I am square disabled

yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
Yeah, try the booties, you can see from the pattern that they are striaght across then sew and flip inside out..you can leave off the front/back post border if you want and have it plain in the sc, would not look much different. That was an easy pattern. I probably gotcha covered with the squares anyway, I did 10 more last night so I already have 20 and the only yarn I have is that pea green until my joann's stuff comes in. I have had to stay with the F hook though and that makes 3 perfect rounds to be 3 1/2". I think LC that pattern looks like to me the joining together is a sc ridge..on that cotton sugar and cream afghan I made months back..the blue and yellow squares..I joined it the same way, holding two squares together and scing..makes a ridge...there was no "border" around the square...if that is the case you might not want anyone to border their square, it will be too big and you'll be stuck with ripping it out. Looked to me like the same way of joining, like I had done...found it in my photobucket..see the raised ridge...
HPIM9451.jpg
HPIM9450.jpg
if that is the pattern, which is how it looks to me, then you won't need for anyone to border their squares in the sc lamb color or you won't be able to join it correctly...jez sayin...
Wild your squares are soooo cute!! Those colors are so sweet together..nice work!!
thumbsup.gif

I think I have the blue ordered so that should be here sometime. Bet Scoot has like half a dozen baby hats done already!!! She is a true speed hooker!!​

Back
Top Bottom