Dog muzzle okay?

QuailMan6666

Songster
Mar 11, 2023
Is it okay to put a plastic muzzle (that allows a dog to open their mouth for air) a good idea if I have visitors in my house? Or should I put my dog at a pet hotel?

Why does the dog need a muzzle?
is he human aggressive?
If he does id get one he can eat/drink and bark in. And he would need to learn the muzzle is ok, you cant just strap it on him and expect him to like it, its going to take a few days even for him probably just allow you to put it on.

Muzzles themselves are fine and I think dogs should learn how to wear one as well as be crate trained in case of emergencies etc. BUT!!! You have to train and condition them to the muzzle properly. You cannot just slap it on the day of or even day before and expect them to be okay. Also it doesn’t solve the stress aspect if visitors stress them out. So it might be best to put them up somewhere.

My dog is aggressive to strangers
Does he have a kennel that you can put him in thats in another room?
If he is aggresive towards stranger then taking him somewhere to stay is going to be worse than a kennel in your house and the strangers need to not go in that room.

My dog is aggressive to strangers
Can you just put your dog in a room? My dog is aggressive toward certain people (we don't know why), so whenever there's someone new coming around that I'm concerned that he won't like, I put him in my bedroom (which is where he usually sleeps at night). I got a plastic muzzle for when I take him places and I'll only put it on him when I take him out of the car. You shouldn't keep a muzzle on your dog for a long time. (I think the directions I got with one muzzle said 15 minutes or less?)

Back
Top Bottom