Duck lost companion

I found 3 males that are 4 months old at our humane society ranch but then I feel bad not taking all of them :(. I could become an animal hoarder very quickly. I should've said yes when my husband offered having a small farm for all the animals.
Don't take all 4 drakes! You beloved duck will be tortured by so many drakes. Take only 1 at most for her sake.

Also, I am sorry for your loss. Have you thought about getting a few ducklings? They grow fast! 8-10 weeks ago we get tiny ducklings that I could hold in the palm of my hand. Now they are larger than most of our chickens! Brooding them was not difficult either, just messy.

I'm so sorry about your duck. I hope you are able to find a friend or two for your remaining duck to help her out.

Thank you and I'm looking. She's being spoiled more than usual right now and she's usually the distant one but she didn't leave my side last night. Yes, she slept in my cat's bed next to my bed on the floor and I have to hang my hand off the bed so she could touch it. I know it nature's way but I feel horrible for her.

Back
Top Bottom