I planned to do both! I'm not sure I can find nutritional yeast in my town, but if not, I'll have it overnighted. I've read that you can't overdose on niacin? Would be doing both be overkill? I want them to have the best!
Better to give too much than too little, in my opinion. It would be best to supplement in feed as well as B complex, just to be sure he's getting enough

I planned to do both! I'm not sure I can find nutritional yeast in my town, but if not, I'll have it overnighted. I've read that you can't overdose on niacin? Would be doing both be overkill? I want them to have the best!
No it’s not over kill
Any niacin their body doesn’t need it flushes it out
The nutritional yeast will hopefully prevent any others from getting niacin issues
I have used it and still do my birds 1-2 years old
When I had a girl sprain her leg on ice I gave the B complex for a week along with the normal feed with nutritional yeast
She healed up quickly
Any keg issues even if it isn’t bud in issues it’s good to give when they have leg injuries as well

I'm using Mizuri(sp) feed. It's a specified waterfowl starter feed, but I was definitely worried about the niacin content in it! 😥 All the rest of the ducks (even the geese) are fine.. just this baby!
It just happens with some and because she is a Jumbo she really needs the extra.

Back
Top Bottom