Duckling not growing.

Today juniper is 3.9 oz... but- I feel like maybe her head is growing more Than her body.... also, she has this little lump... 🥺 I was starting to think we were getting out of the woods, but something isn’t right. She just isn’t looking so hot Today 😭 Super slumpy, legs weak, and now I’m noticing this lump/ inside and slightly outside her belly.

Attachments

• E4562748-6480-4BA3-924C-C4C93CE50139.jpeg
    E4562748-6480-4BA3-924C-C4C93CE50139.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 14
this Has been quite the yo-yo baby raising... but- junipur pulled through and is finally GROWING! thanks y’all 😭
Wonderful news! Little Juniper a sweetie! I’m so glad that she is doing good! looks like she sure has grown! You’ve done such a great job!:ya:love

My little Dwarf call duckling has started growing more as well! Bobbles is getting feathers right now! He is almost 6 weeks! Still very little but he has definitely grown. :)
1EB4AE79-BF93-4D95-842F-CB2A48A582DF.jpeg
51AE038E-4C59-4B22-B1F6-788C767EB3E6.jpeg

Was really pleased to read this thread. We have a tiny one, called Bob! Hatched 10 runners over 2 days nearly 4 weeks ago and Bob was the last to hatch. He was a bit smaller than the rest and looked a bit dazed for a week or so. Fed him separately for a while and still makes sure he gets his share of peas.
He runs around, eats and drinks with the others, is growing but very slowly. His breathing does seem a little heavy, but nothing else appears wrong. This picture was taken just after bathtime tonight

Attachments

• 0A5172D6-03C0-494E-88D6-4E934DD48FA5.jpeg
    0A5172D6-03C0-494E-88D6-4E934DD48FA5.jpeg
    450.3 KB · Views: 5
Oh thank you so much! Everything helps ❤️
@FunnyfarmMidwest has Bobbles and he is the cutest little thing! I call him a cutie slice because he's not big enough to be a cutie pie! He's adorable. I suspect possible dwarfism could be a factor but of course it's merely an opinion. I agree with others on keeping your duckling warm enough, well fed and with appropriate supplements like Niacin

@FunnyfarmMidwest has Bobbles and he is the cutest little thing! I call him a cutie slice because he's not big enough to be a cutie pie! He's adorable. I suspect possible dwarfism could be a factor but of course it's merely an opinion. I agree with others on keeping your duckling warm enough, well fed and with appropriate supplements like Niacin
bobbles sounds SO cute! I’m going to look for that babe and his mama 😃☺️ I did read a tiny bit about possible dwarfism, now that you mention that! But I can’t find much About it?! Junie stays under the warmer more than her gigantic broodermates for sure. 🤭

Back
Top Bottom