GeckoChicken

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2018
Hi everyone! I have 2 Cayuga ducks and 2 Welsh ducks. Both are mating pairs and they all live together in a kennel that is a pretty good size. Half of the kennel is in a pond and the other half is on land. We just got them about a week ago. Right away, each female laid an egg a day starting the day after they moved in. All of the sudden about three days ago they stopped laying. I don’t know what is going on. The weather has been a little cooler so is that why? Some geese have been also landing in our pond so maybe that’s why? Please give suggestions on what I could do. Thanks!

Are you collecting the eggs? Are the possibly broody? It's also possibly they are just stressed and adjusting to the move. I think it took my ducks almost 6 weeks before they were all laying regularly after moving.

You just got them a week ago ? The initial eggs laid were already 'in production', when you got them. The stress of the move and a new environment has very likely caused the break in production. They will lay again, but unless you can contain them at least until noon they are likely to hide or drop eggs anywhere - even in the pond as @chickens really has suggested.

You just got them a week ago ? The initial eggs laid were already 'in production', when you got them. The stress of the move and a new environment has very likely caused the break in production. They will lay again, but unless you can contain them at least until noon they are likely to hide or drop eggs anywhere - even in the pond as @chickens really has suggested.
Ducks don't generally get stressed but do drop eggs in pools of water....Young Ducks have zero interest in laying eggs in bedding..:frow

Back
Top Bottom