Earthen Acres Homestead: First mixed laying flock

Pics
Tonight's spotlight goes to Cliff the Cockerel. Literally today I witnessed Cliff crow for the first time in his life. Just in the last week he's been seeing to the girls and really coming into his roosterness. I knew this day was coming! I was out there earlier today and he cockled his first doodle doo. It was adorable. He seemed equally startled and proud of himself. My boy is growing up lol. Time to hatch some eggs soon. :) Someone on here guessed he was an ameracuana. What do you guys think?
20200328_162628.jpg

20200327_162952.jpg

20200328_162655.jpg

Tonight's spotlight goes to Cliff the Cockerel. Literally today I witnessed Cliff crow for the first time in his life. Just in the last week he's been seeing to the girls and really coming into his roosterness. I knew this day was coming! I was out there earlier today and he cockled his first doodle doo. It was adorable. He seemed equally startled and proud of himself. My boy is growing up lol. Time to hatch some eggs soon. :) Someone on here guessed he was an ameracuana. What do you guys think?
View attachment 2076931
View attachment 2076936
View attachment 2076937
He is a handsome fellow!

This is Wilma the Welsummer. She has a no nonsense attitude, and is down to throw down for first dibs on treatsies. I really love her neck coloring. Welsummers are reported to be some of the best foraging egg layer breeds. She lays rich brown terracotta egg about 4 times a week.

20200327_163355.jpg

20200327_162840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom