Kenharb

Hatching
May 23, 2019
image.jpg

Can anyone help me out? I’ve got rescued eggs in an incubator, and since we’ve had them, they’ve slowly started bleeding under the shell? And it started with one and it’s happening to more and more. We’ve had to throw out 5 eggs already. I can’t seem to find anything on Google. Is it something we are doing? Do you think it’s residual damage from whatever predator got mama? Is it bacterial? I’ve hatched 4 geese and 6 ducks over the past 5 years and I’ve never seen anything like this. Help

View attachment 1787118
Can anyone help me out? I’ve got rescued eggs in an incubator, and since we’ve had them, they’ve slowly started bleeding under the shell? And it started with one and it’s happening to more and more. We’ve had to throw out 5 eggs already. I can’t seem to find anything on Google. Is it something we are doing? Do you think it’s residual damage from whatever predator got mama? Is it bacterial? I’ve hatched 4 geese and 6 ducks over the past 5 years and I’ve never seen anything like this. Help
Welcome to BYC! When I see that bruising and discoloration in my duck eggs it usually means the egg has died. Can you post a picture of the eggs being candled?
Screenshot_2019-05-25-08-00-14.png
Screenshot_2019-05-25-08-00-05.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom