You can modify an anklet sock for a chicken diaper. I use this on my Bantam Cochin. I found some 2oz Solo cups that I put in the toe (the end on her butt) and I just switch out the cup every night. No poops on the floor any more! I found the pattern for the sock diaper on the FB page of Cotton the Incredible House Rooster

I don't have a house chicken, I have thought of bringing my silkie roo in because he gets picked on by everyone
He would have to be an upstairs guy though which is ok because my office, (I work from home ), bedroom ,craft room and one of my bathrooms are all up there, plus I have 3 dogs
I block them from upstairs because like 8 months out of the year I am either hatching or already have babies up there

Do you all use diapers for them?

I keep my babies in my office with me all day when I hatch or bring them home for like months, so my the roomhas the doggie potty pads all over
I use the all black pads which I love

I always let them run around , bad thing about that is they eventually start to jump up on my desk, across my keyboard, on my head etc,

I know a lot of people would think 2 months is too long to have them indoors
But I usually only raise 2at a time
However at one point I had 4 ducklings and 4 chickens indoors with me

That was tiring, and I cleaned all the cages everyday, (ducks are sooo messy) cleaned up everything they might of got into , etc etc.
I was thankful when I finally decided to put them in the coop for good.

It's good to know indoor chickens is possible
I have a month old golden laced wyandotte light bramha mix, she has. Pulled tendon that I cant get back into place, she gets around just fine with a limp and no pain or swelling as far as I can tell, I al wondering if she should stay inside with me when its time to put the others outside

I miss my house chickens.
We started out with Peggy because she was dumb enough to run under a falling chunk of plywood and broke her leg. She watched tv with us, ate dinner with us(wandered around the house and sat on the dinner table's support beams), and she cuddled, especially when we were sick. But we decided she deserved the chance to have bird friends again and so she started going back out during the day and using the house as her coop. Eventually, she transitioned back into the coop. But she was the slowest of all the hens, and was the first one to fall victim to the weasel this past spring.
Then there was (F)Ella... originally I was positive that it was a hen... and then he started crowing and slowly became a very obvious roo. He was born with a rotated tibia and apparently more birth defects since he passed away at 9 months old, at about the time Peggy also died.
Really, I just miss having someone cuddly to say goodnight to every night before I climb into bed. Ella stayed in my room at night, since it was the easiest way to keep an eye on him, keep the cats and dogs away from him, and to keep him from waking the whole house up every morning(I would toss cheerios into his kennel(/coop) and it would make him chuckle a little "thank you" of sorts then shut up for about an hour...).

My friend had various breeds of house chicken over the past maybe 30 years, until her last 3 died a day apart from Mareks. The mayor knew about and didn't bother her.

I had 2 house chickens one time but they were so weak they died shortly after getting them and trying to save them. I wish I had a house chicken now but all my chickens are healthy and don’t want to come inside.
I’m getting Seramas soon and will have them inside until incorporated into my flock which has a very biter EE

My friend Arline had house chickens for many years. She just cleaned up messes as they occurred. When she left to run errands the birds and her dog, slept inside the door and waited for her. Didn't poo till she came home.

She never wanted to mess with taking diapers off but, clean diapers on.

Back
Top Bottom