Expectant parent club! Where the pregnant people hang out.

Hey Guys,
I haven't been on BYC for quite a while, but thought I would check in, how's everybody doing, I see there are a lot of Newbe's to the group, congrats to you all! So what is new peeps?

check Goodwill, thrift stores, Salvation Army, and EBAY!
big_smile.png

If any of you ladies are having a girl, Squeakers has outgrown a lot of her clothes already. I'm was going through things and plan to put up several lots of baby clothes on eBay, but if any of you would like to see pics I can take some and send the pics to your email.

wow, your church gives baby showers! thats awesome! I mean, what a good way to welcome a new member!

I'd like some advice from you experienced moms; where do I locate a good selection of quality maternity clothes/nursing bras where I won't be spending a fortune?

My sisters gave me some of their clothes, but honsestly one sister is slightly shorter than I am and was pregnant a long time ago (so I get highwaters and outdated wear-at-home only clothes) the other sisters were both much heavier pre pregnancy than I was and I can't fit anything now or maybe ever. And I noticed that some of the clothes weren't made well at all, the elastic was flipping around in the material, the colors were faded and the shirts had lost shape (thats what you get if your sisters had enormous boobs I guess). So......I would like to know where I can pick up a few quality peices that will last me through all my pregnancies I intend to have without shelling out a fortune at a botique style store. I think I should add that I boycott Walmart, not that they have quality items.

So far I'm going to check out Old Navy & Gap for some basic maternity jeans, some online stores and I already looked at Target (their in store maternity section is really confusing) and I looked at Babies r us (horribly overpriced as far as what they offer).

Old Navy was a really good place for me to start. You will be the same size you were before in their clothes, so ordering the clearance stuff online is a breeze. I also had very good luck at Burlington Coat Factory- don't know if you have those near you? I was hoping to find some good used things at second had shops, but I seemed only to find similar things to what your describe your sisters passed along
lol.png
I am lucky, I do not need a ton of maternity clothes because I wear scrubs to work!

Krcrote: I just ordered 8 items including some nice pants and a cute sweater jacket off the clearence selection on the old navy site, they had an additional 20% off and I am shocked I got away with free shipping and under 100 bucks! thats so cheap considering other places I looked! I'm so looking forward to having some pants that fit, more than one top that flatters my belly and a warm sweater thats cute instead of borrowing my husband's huge jackets. That was a great suggestion, I didn't even think to shop clearence online. I read reviews on their jeans and I think I'll be opting for Gap's higher quality ones when they go on sale; the old navy pants didn't have good reviews on durability for the panel part of the pants. Gap does.
thankyou!

Krcrote: I just ordered 8 items including some nice pants and a cute sweater jacket off the clearence selection on the old navy site, they had an additional 20% off and I am shocked I got away with free shipping and under 100 bucks! thats so cheap considering other places I looked! I'm so looking forward to having some pants that fit, more than one top that flatters my belly and a warm sweater thats cute instead of borrowing my husband's huge jackets. That was a great suggestion, I didn't even think to shop clearence online. I read reviews on their jeans and I think I'll be opting for Gap's higher quality ones when they go on sale; the old navy pants didn't have good reviews on durability for the panel part of the pants. Gap does.
thankyou!
I have 2 pairs of the Old Navy pants, but they are the kind with the low waist band. I love them, no quality issues at all. I can't handle the restriction of the large panel and don't have any, so I can't speak to the quality of those. Glad you found some good deals!

obviously I can't tell you where to buy clothes (not in the same country), but here a lot of women try to get through by buying larger versions of normal clothes.- though obviously it depends how your body is. it does work out cheaper. I lost so much weight in the first 2 trimesters that I just carried on wearing my normal clothes and finished the pregnancy 2lb heavier than when I started it, but that's not advised!

obviously I can't tell you where to buy clothes (not in the same country), but here a lot of women try to get through by buying larger versions of normal clothes.- though obviously it depends how your body is. it does work out cheaper. I lost so much weight in the first 2 trimesters that I just carried on wearing my normal clothes and finished the pregnancy 2lb heavier than when I started it, but that's not advised!

That has got to be the craziest thing I have ever read!

krcote - How far along are you? You still fit in your scrubs?! My pants are already feeling a little snug, even though I've only gained 3 lbs. I had my best luck with maternity clothes at Motherhood Maternity and the prices aren't too bad if you stick to the sales/clearance rack. I thought Target's selection stunk, although this time around Beall's has maternity clothes too and I have bought a few things from there.

Went for my 12 week ultrasound (NT scan) today. Everything looked normal and they're 95% sure it's a GIRL!!!!!
wee.gif
I've been calling her a "she" the whole time anyways since this pregnancy has been so much different than the last, but I'm glad to have it (mostly) confirmed. I'm going back in 2 weeks just to be sure, so will be *trying* to refrain from buying pink until then!

Back
Top Bottom