Extra sleepy two day old chick keeps eyes closed a lot

They seem to be accepting him well too.
image.jpg

Got him to eat some eggs without forcing him!!!! :celebrate He seems to be feeling better this afternoon! He was walking around a lot and even trying to steal food from the other chicks.

Hi i am new too and almost the same thing is happening to my chick. He was great few days ago until now he hasn't opened his eyes and lays down, He balances himself with his wings, he sometimes raises his head up and his legs lean then he stands up straight and does it again, he sneezes too, he barely can walk and he still chirps but rarely opens his beak only when i give him water..im starting to think that he has an infection or something like that. I dont know what to do...:(

Hi i am new too and almost the same thing is happening to my chick. He was great few days ago until now he hasn't opened his eyes and lays down, He balances himself with his wings, he sometimes raises his head up and his legs lean then he stands up straight and does it again, he sneezes too, he barely can walk and he still chirps but rarely opens his beak only when i give him water..im starting to think that he has an infection or something like that. I dont know what to do...:(
Oh no I’m sorry, hopefully the people that helped me will come back to the post. My chick started doing badly again too. Did you try getting electrolytes and maybe probiotics to mix in his water? I got mine at fleet farm but if you don’t have one near you I’m sure you can find them at tractor supply. I also scrambled an egg for him and he really seemed to like that. Again hopefully the people who helped me will come back. I’m so sorry about your chick.

Back
Top Bottom