Five-month old Australorp suddenly lame. Update: Now another pullet going lame!

Pics
I found your thread a few weeks ago after you'd linked to it on another member's post, and I've been reading for information as well as a shared appreciation for your girls. I just wanted to throw something else out there, not knowing if your situation is static or otherwise.

I've been reading about the enzyme serrapeptase for human health and its ability to dissolve fibroid masses as well as its ability to dissolve scar tissue (sometimes good and sometimes bad).

Here's an interesting article regarding its use in boiler chickens:

https://en.engormix.com/poultry-ind...tiopeptidase-treatment-performance-t36417.htm

Would love to know everyone's thoughts.

@Finding Grace thanks for this post. I read the study and devoured each word. Fascinating. I ordered Serrapeptase from Amazon. It's amazing what that company sells. I plan to experiment on April, who is losing her battle with ALV. And also on a rooster with what appears to be a growing tumor on his leg. Both chickens are doomed, and anything I try on them can't make them any worse off.

Serrapeptase seems to have therapeutic qualities similar to Turcumin. This will be an interesting undertaking.

@Finding Grace thanks for this post. I read the study and devoured each word. Fascinating. I ordered Serrapeptase from Amazon. It's amazing what that company sells. I plan to experiment on April, who is losing her battle with ALV. And also on a rooster with what appears to be a growing tumor on his leg. Both chickens are doomed, and anything I try on them can't make them any worse off.

Serrapeptase seems to have therapeutic qualities similar to Turcumin. This will be an interesting undertaking.
Always thinking while cleaning the coop...

Another potential help may be cat's claw, uncaria tomentosa. It's touted to be anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, etc while also helping to restore DNA. I know it's used against herpes viruses, but some websites indicate that it's also being used to treat HIV, a retrovirus, which, I believe, ALV is classified under. A super quick internet search came up with a site that says it's used in some poultry feed. I'm still in the middle of outside chores, or I'd post links, but wanted to put this herbal on your radar. (FWIW, I know someone who uses it to keep cold sores at bay.) I don't want to waste your time, but decided I should let you determine if it's wasting your time or not.

P.S. in my earlier post, I meant broilers. That's what I get for not wearing my glasses.

"Boilers""Broilers". Our brains supply the correction much of the time. I hadn't even noticed the typo.

These threads can be very valuable as we try different things and see what works. Or not. This was the purpose of my thread, as deviant as it is from scientific method. And it give us the opportunity to try things we wouldn't have thought of on our own. Thank you for your participation.

Back
Top Bottom