Jaffar stands sentry duty over his Rock garden:
1C3FD0D6-89CC-4674-9097-0D7117D43B0D.jpeg

I've ordered the stable rubber mat as well. So at least they will be warm 😀
I use rubber mats in my horse stalls on the brick flooring.

I thought about putting on the floor in the hen house also but opted for just extra layer of shavings. The flooring is brick pavers also which is pretty easy to clean.

Second everything @RoyalChick wrote, except I don’t quite see that you can be sure she’s in the clear, so monitor her for possible infection? Others know better, but a preventive course of antibiotic? Also, some people do hormonal implants to stop ovulation and therefore egg production. An expensive proposition, and you need access to a vet that can do it.
Thank you CB and thank you RC.

We won't flush then. We will keep a close eye on her. I am also going to give her calcium citrate tablet.

@RoyalChick She was already pretty perky yesterday, but she does seem so relieved after getting rid of the eggs. She ate a lot afterwards. We both witnessed the end of her egg laying (thank god she came inside for egg laying today). She struggled sooo much, pushed sooo hard while making struggling sound. I almost cried.

He really is a good rooster! He crowed only once inside the house, so I took him inside my room and we cuddled up for about two hours. Lots of waddle rubbing!
Has it cooled off any there? Or is it still really hot? Been chilly here which the horses and chickens are happpy about I am sure!

It was a bit warm in the hen house last evening but figured it would cool down fast with the sun down. I keep an eye on Rose and Henny and also Dorothy, if they are showing signs of overheating I put the fan on for them.

Back
Top Bottom