Happy Mugs Monday from not so little Lilly. Look at that comb and wattles, it will not be long before she is laying.
DSCN8981.JPG
DSCN8980.JPG

Saturday has made a week since I switched the flock over to feather fixer. Let's just say I love it. It has pushed Corona to the end of her molt and she looks 100x better. Twiggy must have been starting a juvenile molt as his neck is now covered in pin feathers, and several other older ladies who were just starting to molt are kicking it into high gear. It may look like I've had a few chickens explode overnight every morning now, but they are growing in new feathers as fast as they are loosing them. They also love this feed, once they started eating it, they are eating it better then the layer feed. I'm debating on just leaving them on this year round and supplement the laying girls with oyster shell. It is only about $3 more then I'm paying for the layer feed, and honestly the boys really don't need the added calcium in it.
Look at these new Corona pictures.
DSCN8984.JPG
DSCN8983.JPG

And here is Twiggy with the new pin feathers that are popping up out of no where.
DSCN8985.JPG
DSCN8986.JPG

Saturday has made a week since I switched the flock over to feather fixer. Let's just say I love it. It has pushed Corona to the end of her molt and she looks 100x better. Twiggy must have been starting a juvenile molt as his neck is now covered in pin feathers, and several other older ladies who were just starting to molt are kicking it into high gear. It may look like I've had a few chickens explode overnight every morning now, but they are growing in new feathers as fast as they are loosing them. They also love this feed, once they started eating it, they are eating it better then the layer feed. I'm debating on just leaving them on this year round and supplement the laying girls with oyster shell. It is only about $3 more then I'm paying for the layer feed, and honestly the boys really don't need the added calcium in it.
Look at these new Corona pictures.
View attachment 3279804View attachment 3279805
And here is Twiggy with the new pin feathers that are popping up out of no where.
View attachment 3279810View attachment 3279811
And Twiggy!

Goats in my blood.
Continuing my trawl through the past, here is my great uncle. He committed suicide in the early 1960s having left every item he owned, which was not much, individually to someone. I still have the handwritten notes he attached to everything. So sad.
But in happier times, he really seems to like this goat. Look at the smile on his face. He is chatting to the goat I feel sure

View attachment 3279119
I am so sorry for your sorrow 😢 what a difficult time that must have been for your family.

That photo is certainly from happier times for him. It is very comforting to know that he (like all of us) had his animal friends ❤️

Back
Top Bottom