Went outside to check on the other hens (and roosters) "Rocket" WAS there watering too! Praise God. I still have Jaffar inside with me now. Today I will take all this, as a blessing! :ya
Thank goodness! I feel relieved too! :clap

That's one bit of good amongst the rough time you're having.

I have no idea what it is actually called. It is old paint I found in the barn. I think left by the previous owner. It is oil-based so the only way to dispose of it safely is to paint stuff. I am wandering around looking for anything that could handle being 'aggressive blue'. I am eyeing the chicken ladder, but that might just be too much!
That's a lovely shade of blue, but you are right, it does shout "Oi! Look at me!"

Maybe use it as an accent colour on some trim. Or paint some terracotta pots to go around the palace and plant some chook herbs in them. (My girls love Italian parsley and comfrey)

I think this is exactly what is wrong with her. I got some cream for the complaint and applied some today. The bulge had gone down a bit but It's still drying out and that isn't good.
She's in with me again tonight.
View attachment 2175279
Good luck Moon. Your Aussie friends are on your side.
Yes, yes we are. Get better soon Moon.

Could you put a barrier cream or Vaseline on the spot to help keep it moist Shad?

To the Storm Celler!

We had a series of thunderstorms today and one that was pparticularly vicious. The winds were clocked at 70 mph (112 kph). 🌬⛈ Here is a video of some of the storm.

The ladies all huddled under their house to be safe,.
View attachment 2175525

Once it looked like the worst was over, then sent Aurora out to check and make sure.

View attachment 2175526

She eventually came to the house to be certain everything was good.

View attachment 2175531

Once everyone saw her at the house, they all spilled out from under the house.
Everyone safe and sound.
Goodness! That looks violent. Were there hailstones too?

Just as well you made such a sturdy coop for them to shelter under Bob. I wonder how Mister Bunny and family fared?

That's a lovely shade of blue, but you are right, it does shout "Oi! Look at me!"

Maybe use it as an accent colour on some trim. Or paint some terracotta pots to go around the palace and plant some chook herbs in them. (My girls love Italian parsley and comfrey)
I hope the cat ran for the hills, rather than being painted "aggressive blue":lau

Back
Top Bottom