More Photos from the Weekend

It was dangerously hot and Hattie and Aurora took the worst of it being the biggest girls. I actually feel like Aurora has way more feathers than anyone else being fluffier. That has to be a drawback for them. I was actually so worried about Aurora at one point on Saturday I almost brought her inside for the night.

Because they were not out and about I do not have a lot of photos of them both. Here are their best.

Aurora
View attachment 2230842

Hattie
View attachment 2230843
View attachment 2230844
View attachment 2230848
That last pic of Hattie :love :love :love ... she looks like she is smiling!

Beautiful series! Make a 'triptych? What about the pool though? Is it still dangerous to them? Do the adult ladies learn to not fall in drown?
The pool is only dangerous to the chicks at this point. The water is almost 80°F (26.7°C). There is plenty of time for me to rescue anyone large who would fall in.

The really interesting thing is how Sydney has learned from what happened to Dusty. She has never taken the chicks back to that area around the pool again. It happened at the far end by the buttery bushes. The limbs of the purple butterfly bush were on the ground and forced Dusty towards the pool. I actually placed some 2x4s under the limbs to raise them up so the chicks could easily pass under now and they route anyone who goes that way away from the pool. But I don't think it's necessary. She just hasn't taken them back there.

There is no other Polish like Phyllis. You may find something similar, but She's one of a kind!
My Roo, BLU has fallen deeply in love with her (and crows about her, all the time) :lau
I've seen Phyllis pining away for Blu as well. Sometimes she just stands there with a farway look in her eyes.

Holy crap, there was a GIGANTIC toad chilling by the maternity coop,
I didn't want it to freak out Gracie or her chicks so I poked it to move it along,
Gracie saw it, spread out her wings, puffed up, and starting growling!
The toad was nearly as big as her, I couldn't stop laughing :lau
I got it to hop away and she chilled out, oh wow that was funny!
One of those you had to be there kind of things :p

Back
Top Bottom