Happy Friday!

Here is my (very bad) fluffy butt picture.

Gluttons.jpeg

View attachment 2289846

Sorry, just ignore me.

I took her to the vet, because I wasn't 100% sure that's what it was. It just seemed like a potential neurotoxin. They confirmed that it probably was and I couldn't leave her there for thousands of dollars although I gladly would have if I had had it. :( Anyway...

I got anti-inflammatories for her and pain meds (they hurt terribly!) and brought her home and brought her inside.
I'm so glad she pulled through, poor baby. How long until she came around?

Last edited:
Sorry, just ignore me.

I took her to the vet, because I wasn't 100% sure that's what it was. It just seemed like a potential neurotoxin. They confirmed that it probably was and I couldn't leave her there for thousands of dollars although I gladly would have if I had had it. :( Anyway...

I got anti-inflammatories for her and pain meds (they hurt terribly!) and brought her home and brought her inside.
I'm so glad she pulled through, poor baby. How long until she came around?
[/QUOTE]
Let's see. Monday the chicks came. Tuesday, Nancy Pearl the White Marans chick had a cut foot, and as soon as I took care of THAT, I found Franny. I already knew Libby was ill by that time, but I had to tend to Fran first, so Fran went in Tuesday. Libby passed Wednesday, and Fran was still inside, she was inside until yesterday, Thursday. Took care of a little pasty butt last night on Peggy Annie, the Buckeye chick, and here we are today.

I was surprised at how she bounced back! Because Tuesday she looked truly awful. I didn't know if she would make it. Wednesday she looked a lot better, but she was weak. She fell off her perch in the night, too, which made me nervous. I had already seen Libby pass, and then Fran fell in the night and my first thought was, "Oh no! Death throes!" But luckily that wasn't happening. She just fell and panicked and flapped around, so I put her back into the box--not her fave, but no falls. LOL

Then Thursday morning she really seemed better, ate well. I brought her outside warily, as Nora had pecked her a bit before for the first time ever when she was ill. But Fran looked at Nora as if to say, "Don't try it," and it was fine.

Sorry, just ignore me.

Here she is in her box lolView attachment 2289859
And after she refused to stay inside but was not well enough to go out 😂
View attachment 2289864And now she’s okay. But I found it really hard to give her those meds.
[/QUOTE]
Was it an injection?

Here she is in her box lolView attachment 2289859
And after she refused to stay inside but was not well enough to go out 😂
View attachment 2289864And now she’s okay. But I found it really hard to give her those meds.
Was it an injection?
[/QUOTE]
No, liquid! She is NOT a fan. I can give myself an injection if needed and have done so to another human and a dog. Never yet to a hen...it might be easier! Now that I've said that, I instantly regret it.

Let's see. Monday the chicks came. Tuesday, Nancy Pearl the White Marans chick had a cut foot, and as soon as I took care of THAT, I found Franny. I already knew Libby was ill by that time, but I had to tend to Fran first, so Fran went in Tuesday. Libby passed Wednesday, and Fran was still inside, she was inside until yesterday, Thursday. Took care of a little pasty butt last night on Peggy Annie, the Buckeye chick, and here we are today.

I was surprised at how she bounced back! Because Tuesday she looked truly awful. I didn't know if she would make it. Wednesday she looked a lot better, but she was weak. She fell off her perch in the night, too, which made me nervous. I had already seen Libby pass, and then Fran fell in the night and my first thought was, "Oh no! Death throes!" But luckily that wasn't happening. She just fell and panicked and flapped around, so I put her back into the box--not her fave, but no falls. LOL

Then Thursday morning she really seemed better, ate well. I brought her outside warily, as Nora had pecked her a bit before for the first time ever when she was ill. But Fran looked at Nora as if to say, "Don't try it," and it was fine.
That's pretty incredible. I have heard that chickens will eat scorpions. Is that incorrect?

It seems that issues with the flock seem to all occur around the same time. I'm sorry for your loss and very happy that Fran pulled through. :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom