Sherlock is making huge strides with regards NOT chasing chickens. Went through the flock several times today, played ball chase on all sides of house. Went out to coop to close big door as wind blew it open. He sat and STAYED PUT while I checked babies and took this pic
20240327_145557.jpg

Vet finally got back with me, and asked me about Jaffar’s breathing. I said that it sounds like he was struggling to breathe. She said to try to get him to eat softened bread mixed with antibiotics. I still have some from the last episode. Sir Jaffar is in the house and so is Bobo (his favorite hen) for tonight. :fl:fl

Sherlock is making huge strides with regards NOT chasing chickens. Went through the flock several times today, played ball chase on all sides of house. Went out to coop to close big door as wind blew it open. He sat and STAYED PUT while I checked babies and took this picView attachment 3784086
They sure are big now! And everywhere aren’t they 🥰

Vet finally got back with me, and asked me about Jaffar’s breathing. I said that it sounds like he was struggling to breathe. She said to try to get him to eat softened bread mixed with antibiotics. I still have some from the last episode. Sir Jaffar is in the house and so is Bobo (his favorite hen) for tonight. :fl:fl
Have been follow haw Sir Jaffar is feeling I hope some antibiotics will help him- I am sending him some gentle hugs ❤️

:hugs :hugs:hugs:hugs

Consternation amongst the flock: Becky is unwell. And it’s a different illness than Albert’s. I started a course of clotrimazole cream around her bum- just topically though. I feel uncertain of just how helpful this will be?

Cons: Becky is lethargic, hasn’t laid in two days, vastly diminished appetite, major feather loss around her cloaca, and the feathers that remain have sticky discharge on them (*no weird yeasty smell).

Pros: walking/standing fine, tail up, comb bright, pooping solid so we know she’s not obstructed. Her (soft) belly doesn’t appear nearly distended enough to be water belly. Crop seems fine, but I need to keep an eye on it to make sure it’s emptying.

Oh these chickens!

I took this undignified photo while she was eating her morning mash. So at least she’s eating :confused:
B66B8227-6F77-474E-BA10-90BC0389B302.jpeg

On another note, the chooks are so mad at me! I let them out to free range, and not six minutes into it they got pelted by a hail storm and had to book it back to the covered run. Well it lasted just a few minutes so I opened the door back up for them so they’d get another chance in the yard. On their way out they gave me a piece of their mind, what they thought of all that hail and I had better not let that happen again.:old Well, would you believe it happened not just once, nor twice, but three times! In the span of like an hour- three waves of hail! By then, they were refusing to range for worms any further than a couple of feet from their run- just in case. Sorry girls!

Back
Top Bottom