So sorry to hear about all this. I'm over here hoping for the best possible outcome.

We are in a similar situation. I think our chickens are about the same age, and mine are hybrid production birds. This is Mrs. Howell off in a corner by herself trying to deal with a stuck egg...again.

View attachment 2349769

This is a constant thing with seemingly at least one of the three having problems on any given day. I used to rush out and try to help them along --I've become quite the proctologist-- but it became such a burdensome and traumatic thing for both the chickens and me, that I've had to just back off and let things happen as they will. So far they have all managed to deliver the problem eggs eventually. It's always a soft-shelled, or no-shelled mess, which they then instantly devour.

Oh well, live and learn, I guess. This is our first flock and I will be wiser and more informed in the future. I share your anger.
I'm sorry you have to deal with this but they are darling ladies. Try to treasure the time you do have with them.

I mucked out the chicken pen today and took the spoils over to the garden. Thanks girls!

View attachment 2349742

View attachment 2349735

Got it all mixed in and raked out nice and level, but the supervisors didn't approve and proceeded to show me how it's done.

View attachment 2349746

There! Fixed it!

View attachment 2349749

A couple of fluffy butts, just for kicks.

View attachment 2349750

View attachment 2349753

I hope it doesn't fry my vegetables next year!!
They did a marvelous job mixing it all up for you! You are blessed to have their assistance. 😉

THANKS! But now I’m going to the ER to have my eye checked. Gouged it on a branch today. I did not realize the sclera had a chunk missing until hours later when I asked my daughter to look at it.
Oh my gosh. I hope it turns out OK. :fl

So sorry to hear about all this. I'm over here hoping for the best possible outcome.

We are in a similar situation. I think our chickens are about the same age, and mine are hybrid production birds. This is Mrs. Howell off in a corner by herself trying to deal with a stuck egg...again.

View attachment 2349769

This is a constant thing with seemingly at least one of the three having problems on any given day. I used to rush out and try to help them along --I've become quite the proctologist-- but it became such a burdensome and traumatic thing for both the chickens and me, that I've had to just back off and let things happen as they will. So far they have all managed to deliver the problem eggs eventually. It's always a soft-shelled, or no-shelled mess, which they then instantly devour.

Oh well, live and learn, I guess. This is our first flock and I will be wiser and more informed in the future. I share your anger.
Yeah...I will never own a sexlink. Not one for egg laying. My birds are pets, and I just can't.

Back
Top Bottom