Gosh it sure doesn’t take does it. They are such wonderful additions to your flock 💕

Not sure what that shrub is, could it be an apple tree? We have lots of apple trees that grow wild here with pink flowers like that one.
Definitely NOT an apple tree. The same flowers are on the bushes between the rose patch and the lilacs along the north side. No fruits/nuts. Definitely a bush.

Is it a flowering quince?
Isn't Quince a fruit? No fruits.
20240428_075033.jpg
20240428_075057.jpg
20240428_075103.jpg

:(This is probably the saddest post I have ever done here on BYC. I had to go to town this morning, and upon my return home I found Sir Jaffar lying in the run passed away. One of his spurs was hooked up to the chain link, as if fighting off a threat to his ladies. So, he’s gone and I am devastated.:th:hit
Oh no!! I’m sorry 😞
:hugs :hugs :hugs:hugs

Is that chain link fencing covering it? That will be good against raccoons.

Have you given much thought to snow loads? I think that the chan link fencing plus a foot of the snow we both get will be too much for those frames. You may have to remove the top cover for the winter.

It’s one is the big concerns I have for covering my run which is 16’ wide. I will need rather large beams to support a cover for that span. At this point I am not sure what I will do, the expense of the beams is too great for me. I will likely end up just putting some cheap temporary netting up. And take it down in the Autumn.
It is plastic coated chicken wire and an aluminum frame. We have a tarp but hubby doesn't want to use it. We have access to metal sheeting for predator proofing, as well as hardware cloth. Hubby wants to take a break first. He keeps saying we don't need predator proofing on it but I'll just start it myself while he's at work.
Did I share my frizzle chicken plush I just finished?
20240427_153310.jpg

I was cleaning out the barn yesterday, so that's why I wasn't able to talk too much about Dawn and her chicks. Tangent was being a little beast and pulling at his mom's wattles. And mom was teaching them to drink and eat, and Sine and Cosine did not catch on very much. Tangent caught right on.

And Dawn relieved herself on her nest. Of course, after having chicks. I guess it was because she sat there for nearly two days without pooping because the eggs were pipped. Anyway I had to pluck her out of the nest and clean it off. The chicks weren't happy. Do I have to teach you basic potty lessons Dawn?!

Back
Top Bottom