Little Poofy cheeks, you are on your way to having a mighty fine beard one day. Why shouldn't you, it runs in the family. I see you also met our other sister Perry. She too has a top notch beard. When I was a wee chicklet several of my flock mates teased me. They did not understand my pride in my young beard and insisted I was inferior because I was leg featherless. Our Great Queen Aurora is also a long lost sister, or maybe Aunt. You will be told of her one day soon. She is very well versed in "The way of the Chicken". She has the best beard of us all. She told me as a young chick that spicy food was the way to grow a scrumptious beard. The spicier the better if you ask me. When you are a little older you can up your spicy food game a notch. The spiciest snack are yellow jackets, bumble bee's and wasps. Your human also has horses, this summer follow her around when she is with the horses. There is the best bug called a horse fly. Huge juicy fly that drop to the ground when the hoomans smack them off the horses. When I was little I had to be shown the flies. After a week I learned and was underfoot all the time. Both the hoomans and the horses appreciated my snacking and I did not have to share.

Sincerely yours
Owly
View attachment 3816354
Auntie Owly, would you tell my Hooman to stop calling me chippy cheeks? She thinks it’s cute but one day I will be a grown lady chook and what suitor is going to take me seriously with a name like chippy cheeks?!

:lau
There certainly do have the zoomies!
Only for about 10 min though, it is still miserably chilly and damp. I cleaned their home then put them back.

It’s supposed to be nice Wednesday so hopefully I can get them outside if it’s not to muddy, but it has been raining every day almost this month. It’s terribly wet here. I think even the chooks are fed up, they were sticking close to the barn tonight incase it rained again. The poor horses are happy to come in early. And I have yet to see the Barn Swallows arriving back.

Auntie Owly, would you tell my Hooman to stop calling me chippy cheeks? She thinks it’s cute but one day I will be a grown lady chook and what suitor is going to take me seriously with a name like chippy cheeks?!
Chippy Cheeks is a cute nickname. I think she just unknowingly named you my dear. Chip. You will also be referred to as Chiplet, Chipmunk, Chipper. Do not worry about your name. You will be able to charm any suitor by your looks alone. Just watch out for that Marty. No one, I repeat NO ONE, messes with her man when she is around. You would think your Hooman would know that by now. Word of advice, eye that young Bert. Eye candy I tell you, and a beard to go with your own.

Love,
Owly

More mugs
20240429_143558.jpg
20240429_143551.jpg
20240429_143545.jpg
Morinth has a chip off her beak
She also constantly yells at me again, she just trilled when she was broody
20240429_143538.jpg

Back
Top Bottom