Honey the blind chicken

On April 6th, Honey went blind all of a sudden. Before that, she has had water belly for a while. We don't know why Honey is blind. You cannot tell from looking at her eyes.

So Honey has been a house chicken for the past month and she actually seems pretty happy. We don't know how to make her eat on her own, so we have been hand feeding her.

She has a good appetite and we have to constantly feeding her and clean her poop...

Honey is having a particularly good day today.

First she took a bath in a tub :)
View attachment 3820868
View attachment 3820867

Then she sunbathed 🥰
View attachment 3820866
How sweet of you to take care of her like this.

May the 4th Be With You All

Attachments

• Resized_20230503220522.jpeg
    Resized_20230503220522.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230504213713.jpg
    20230504213713.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 6
Today friends is the Kentucky Derby. Should be a federal holiday if you are from Kentucky but I digress. I do not bet on the race, just friendly wagers with my family. As per usual I have followed all the preps and have had my horse picked out for about 2 months now.

#2, Sierra Leone.
I am not thrilled with the post but it could be worse. The track was slop yesterday and there is a chance for more rain today. If the rain holds off I still do not feel they will get it to completely dry out. Frankly I would not mind another downpour or two. Sierra Leone has already proven he can handle a sloppy track.

If I was a better, I would have to toss $2.00 his way anyway due to his name. Rosie's name is Sierra Rose, it is meant to be that Sierra Leone be my horse this year.

I have a blind 8 yo hen. She went progressively blind. It's amazing how well they get around. My hen, Lucy is the matriarch. She has raised many in my flock and they still treat her with respect. Our standard rooster is her grandson, and he herds her and keeps her with the group.View attachment 3820896
That's amazing that your roo is taking care of her!

Back
Top Bottom