750,000 with new homes. These people are doing amazing work. 👏
It restores my faith in the human race when I read articles like this. I'm all saving lives, of people and animals. It's one of my selfish traits.
I think selfish because I have to fight the urge to chase everyone away when I'm on my mission :barnie:D

Last edited:
Guys, I am trying so hard to post pics of my cute little chicks and chickens... my cell data connection is awful all the time it seems! I also have pics of my blind girls eyes (she’s doing surprisingly well!) and Roostie is a Daddy!!! Broodies Rock! If you have a Rooster and fertile eggs and want to expand from a more closed flock. So, y’all will probably need to wait on the pics, but they are coming! I know how much chicken tax I owe 😂.

So, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned but I’ve been having a plague of Broodies, and letting the more serious ones sit. I currently have four on eggs, two of which are also now on some cute little fluff balls! My giant pancake of doom (one of my recent Meat Bird Rescues) has three chicks and three more eggs potentially coming in the next day or so. She’s down to about 10lbs of mean and will draw blood if you try to feed or water her! My Marans hen in the Free Rangers is sitting on two chicks (one “R” egg was first to pop!) and three more eggs, and I’ve got two others, a black sapphire Maran and a marans/Isbar lady due at the end of the week. Someone slipped two more eggs under one of those girls while I wasn’t watching, so I may just pop another wanna be mom onto them when the earlier eggs are done hatching.
It is so exciting that you are using your broodies to raise more chicks. I found it to be the most amazing experience. I really hope this works out like you want it to. You are good to give the determined ones the chance.

Back
Top Bottom