How many are you getting? I strongly encourage you to quarantine your old and new girls away from each other for a minimum of two weeks, at least 10 metres apart if you can manage it. There’s a whole school of thought about wearing separate clothes and shoes for each group, but I must confess I don’t do that. After the quarantine period, I integrate them slowly over a couple of weeks, be prepared for aggression and re-establishing the pecking order. I was traumatised when I encountered this for the first time.
Thanks very much for giving me this advice. I have split my garden so will have too leave them in separate parts.

They have been free ranged for a while, but I don't know how long. I'm a little confused as to why they haven't given much information.
I will do my best by them, at least they'll have a better life here than where they were.

I hope a little treat sharing will do the trick eventually of course :)

I didn't know there was an American pilot at all. Not sure how I feel about that. So many remakes are coming out that are terrible compared to the original (the A-team, Dukes of Hazzard) that I expect my response will be similar to yours.
I’m an American pilot :frow just saying!:gig

Most ducks go about 28 days Muscovy's are about 35 days. Ducks tend to be slow moving and can really try one's patience.
SHRA

Tax
20210917_165829.jpg
Yes, there are 2 in this

This is great. Love the new 'do on Legertha. Would you consider - a suggestion - to put some crosswalks up there, could be at an angle to the round roost? More places to get to from the roost bar, and jump and/or fly up to. Even a square spot they can get around eachother on. The Buckeyes loved scaffolding living! Just leave enough open space to properly fly down from (increases the higher you go, I put the highest one at the furthest end of the rectangular brooder, leaving a long runway to land on).
I like these ideas. I think I may upgrade if I can. Thanks!

I need to learn how to microwave bacon. I’m not going near a frying pan with hot bacon grease bubbling up in it! :mad:
chick tax:
View attachment 2656829
They sell microwavable bacon.
Screenshot_20210917-180327.png

you can also cook it in the oven: cookie rack into a cookie sheet (or something else with lip around )either spray the rack or line with parchment paper (keep edges inside the lipped bottom sheet/dish). Bake 350-375 ish. You can turn the pieces or not. Either works.

Back
Top Bottom