Well I’m off to a slow start here today. Bob’s tractor is completely stuck... and his ladies are very upset about the lack of fresh grass. I’m almost considering letting them free range, but there’s at leas 6 “bad big birds” (eagles) lurking around (ok, circling magestically) because we had some hunters out this weekend doing some goat population control. Sammy and Barney still need moved, but again... lots of eagles, ravens, and at least one redtail hawk and another Barred owl, that kept me up all night/early morning. Also I’m a little wiped from yesterday... and need to feed the cows... after some coffee...
Just as well you've got that wedding to go to or you'd never get any rest Kris!

Thank goodness.

I'm so glad she is safe and sound Bob. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until you posted that you found her.

That feeling of rising panic when they are not in the usual places and food doesn't work and you feel you are running out of options is terrible. :hugs:hugs

On the plus side, you now have another place you know to check when someone does a vanishing act.

How did you find her in the end? She was very well hidden.

Good question. She moved.

I could hear movement deep in the pile. It was so quiet here yesterday I could hear light movement. That made me go back and investigate more closely. Actually I was afraid that I was going to find something had drug her in there.

The thing that was maddening was I never heard a squawk of alarm or any sound of trouble but my dear Hattie was gone. It had to be my fault right. I was right there.

Good question. She moved.

I could hear movement deep in the pile. It was so quiet here yesterday I could hear light movement. That made me go back and investigate more closely. Actually I was afraid that I was going to find something had drug her in there.

The thing that was maddening was I never heard a squawk of alarm or any sound of trouble but my dear Hattie was gone. It had to be my fault right. I was right there.
She certainly gave us all a turn!

Our animals are so good at making us feel guilty :hugs
.... but this time it turned out alright thank goodness

Back
Top Bottom