Good morning Fluffy Butt Acres folks! Just thought I'd check in to say Queen Bee has once again turned a corner and is us cooing and chattering this morning. No sign of fever or discomfort. She will remain in the hospital for a few days this time so I can closely watch her.

Who recommended Corid? I forget, but I want to thank you. My whole flock has already been treated for it, twice this year, the most recent being a couple weeks ago. And yes, I know you have to do it twice, 10 days on, 7 days off, 10 days on, with vitamins on the off days. But, I thought, why not try? So I did and it just might have been what made the difference. I can't be sure, but I stopped all other meds and started treating the whole flock again, just in case.

Thanks for all the support here!!! And the great advice!!! I'd go back and find out who said that, but you are all so chatty here that it might take me all day. :lol:
Great news!

Bagged Chicken

Phyllis has figured the bag out.
20200402_215210.jpg

Window into Aurora's bag snacks.

I love this video of Aurora's head in the bag window as she snacks.

Sidney was into Things today

View attachment 2068869
It started with the shed. I opened the doors to the shed to get out cushions for the chaise lounge for Mrs. BY Bob and Sydney climbed right in. Before I knew it she was in the straw package making a nest. This barred rock is into alternate nests.
View attachment 2068856
View attachment 2068858

And her nest
View attachment 2068861

Then she came in the house and flew onto the dining table. Not since Lilly's Thanksgiving has a chicken been on the dining room table!

View attachment 2068864

Clearly I am losing all control over the flock and my house. The hens are ruling the roost.
Awesome post, and I love the chicken decor!

Yesterday was gals in the nests and today is eggs in the nests! And I just can’t help taking pics of my eggs.. I just love them so much! 13 eggs today :love View attachment 2068871View attachment 2068872View attachment 2068873View attachment 2068874View attachment 2068875View attachment 2068876View attachment 2068877View attachment 2068878
Beautiful eggs! And you have nice, big nests. Our poor girls have puny nests because we didn’t know any better ehen we first built the coop.

The animation is good except one thing. The whole principal is simply a delaying action. By flattening the curve you lengthen the curve. The end result has to be that everyone gains immunity in some way. Until there is a vaccine, the only way to gain immunity is by getting the disease. It has to burn it's way through the human population. Until enough humans have gained personal immunity that we have "herd immunity" the pandemic will continue.
Yes, but delaying the curve may help prevent a collapse of the healthcare system.

Some Good News

I could see Miss Phyllis looking around the yard today. I figured she was nest hunting. In the end I don't think she figured it out. Sometime right before bedtime when I thought she was frantic to go to bed when no one else would (as usual), she dropped this in the middle of the yard.
View attachment 2070462

I had to wake her for the required first egg shot. And she looks like I woke her up. :lau
View attachment 2070465

It is a tiny egg.
View attachment 2070466

Mrs BY Bob is so excited! Great job Miss Phyllis! :clap:wee:ya:bun
Woohoo! Good job, Miss Phyllis!

It's Autumn here now but I thought I'd share how the Chicken garden I planted last year is going. The idea is that I plant the most chook friendly/attractive plants nearest the run and the girls can help themselves to what grows through. They like the comfrey best, but have also enjoyed the nasturtiums and wormwood.

View attachment 2070712
That’s fabulous!

Back
Top Bottom