More Pictures and Observations

It looks like Sydney's left eye is a little swollen, probably poked it on a stick in the brush pile. The neck on Sansa, very flexible.
View attachment 2077426

Hattie wants to know where her handful of corn is?
View attachment 2077427

Aurora came and sat on Mrs BY Bob's cushie chair to take 15 with me. :love There is something about the chairs under the tree. Her and Mal........
View attachment 2077428

Looking up at the blush sky from my chair under the tree. It has been so long since we had clear blue skies.
View attachment 2077429
Wonderful.

Daisy's Dip

Sansa reminded me of the one time Daisy, the greatest hen ever, fell in the pool. It was over 90° F (32°C) when she fell in. I let her spin around the deep end two revolutions to cool off before I rescued her! :lau

View attachment 2077700

The one time that Maleficent fell in she got right out on her own. I was shocked. :eek:
View attachment 2077702

Aurora actually got a wing stuck in the skimmer. She got sucked right in and pinned. That was scary.
View attachment 2077712

I know that Hattie has never been in the pool. I'm not sure about Lilly but I really don't think so. Patsy was in once. I have no idea where that photo is.

Elphie was killed by falling in the pool. I suppose I should write that story up and share it. I've been holding off telling that story as it's my fault. I nearly gave the chickens up completely at that point. 😥
I’m sorry, Bob. It hurts the most when their perils are our fault. Big hug.

Lucy caught a frog once, back when I still had Penny and Chickie. It was hilarious watching the three of them flow around in a circle like a little pack of dinosaurs, but I felt sorry for the frog though. As they all had trimmed beaks they couldn’t rip it apart, so it died from blunt force trauma. I buried it under a frangipani I was planting.
Poor frog. But not really. (Sorry!)
I have a video somewhere of Bridge swallowing a lizard whole. And another video of Bagheera doing the same with a snake!

Here's a series of photos for you Bob.

Tsuki eyeing off the hanging lettuce
View attachment 2078425
You can see where her new feathers have come in on her rump and shoulder. They are almost a whipped cream or buttery colour.

View attachment 2078435
Reaching for the lettuce...

View attachment 2078437

Are you quite finished taking photos yet?
Sorry Tsuki, I am obliged to send tribute to your biggest fan. 🐔
( Also, notice the new feathers on her face that haven't quite fluffed out yet)

She’s so lovely! :love And I love her subtle cream feathers mixed in with the snow-white ones! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom