I hear that the vicious creatures of Australia are bigger and more deadly than anywhere else in the world. I am picturing a huge mosquito right now.
:oops:

I have been bitten by mosquitoes through my denim jeans before. They weren't thin denim either!

We have to look out for these too. View attachment 2165991
and they are the adult size of 1 cubic cm and they can kill with one sting. (I honest cannot spell what they are called)
:eek:Eeek! Where did you find that? Is it an enormous tick?

I have been bitten by mosquitoes through my denim jeans before. They weren't thin denim either!

:eek:Eeek! Where did you find that? Is it an enormous tick?
Nope. It’s an Irikanji (I hope that’s how you spell it). They are super dangerous so if you go swimming in the warm waters of northern QLD around the Whitsundays you have to wear a wetsuit to prevent you from getting sting

Yes @Aussie-Chookmum you do need to warn me! I think that was the photo that set me off in the first place. It still gives me a visceral reaction - it is such a sad and painful picture. But now that I have seen her all floofed up again I know it has a happy ending and I can bear to look at it. Poor Alice. I hope she NEVER has to go through that again! :hugs
Sorry RC :hugs.

I thought you might be immune now because of the happy, floofy ending. :oops:

It's not us it's you Bob. You make the effort to keep the thread informative and entertaining.
It's a lot of work which you manage day after day. I've been on a few threads here on BYC and most slide very badly into general chat which makes the indistinguishable from any other chat thread. You do a great job.:bow
ByBob loves his girls so much and shares that with us so well that we all get the warm fuzzies! 🥰🤗🥰

It's a beautiful evening tonight. All the kids are here, my chickens are free ranging, and Rich and I just celebrated 3 years together!

View attachment 2166909

View attachment 2166911

View attachment 2166928

Congratulations! Here's to many more happy and chicken filled years! 🥂
Look what my lovely chook-friend @BY Bob sent me!! :wee
View attachment 2167304

View attachment 2167305

You are so sweet and generous Bob, I am stoked I got to meet you, even if it is just online. Maybe we will get to meet IRL one day! Thank you. :hugs
Lovely T shirts Lozzy (and Bob 😊). Now you don't need to try to think of an outfit to wear when we have our Chook gathering one day!

Dodging the Worst of Them

Severe thunderstorm warnings have been popping up all night but we seem to be dodging them. I hope @CrazyChookChookLady is as well. Here is a storm crossing the skyline to the north of us just as night was falling.
That's some impressive storm. Amazing to watch, scary to experience. 😲:oops:

Back
Top Bottom