I don't know who stuck their finger in the shot!
Not a great picture but this is Tack.
Tack decided three days ago that she was going to have a go at that feral business and at dusk disappeared. I did look for her. I still don't know which tree she went up.
It pissed down last night and tonight Tack decided that perhaps the coop wasn't such a bad idea after all.:D
View attachment 2351976
Tack! Silly girl!

Phyllis gets Down and Dirty

There was something that happened the other day which led me to decide to keep the girls contained in the run complex for a while. I don't have time to detail it now but it looked too me sitting in the big run with them the other day. This really doesn't happen a lot unless there is snow which prevents me from free ranging them. So it was an odd situation for the ladies and everyone was adapting.

Phyllis decided to take advantage of my presence and dust bathe right next to my chair. I quickly figured out when when first Aurora and then Lilly came over to root her out of her hole. Well rooster Bob would permit no such thing and I shooshed them away.

Here is Phyllis enjoying her peaceful bath.

Sometimes I think Phyllis forgets how small she is. Watch her shake off the dust and flip herself around doing it. 😆 this harpies all the time when she shakes! 🤣

Oh my gosh, Bob! This got me cracking up out loud!!!

The little coop at my place was specified as suitable for 6 chickens. Six!!! I kept the two pulkets in there when they were tiny, and even then it was really rather small for them!
Haha! The little red coop was specified for four. Three 7-week-olds are in there. As soon as I feel they will not get injured or killed by the bjg girls, I’m move them into the big coop.

I did. There was only one breeder and she ignored my calls :barnie I'm thinking of sussexes next, although I really like bitzers :D
What are blitzers? I have a Speckled Sussex. She is soooo sweet amd soooo soft, not to mention beautiful! However, she acts like a complete nut during molt or if she goes broody.

I sometimes forget that posting problems tends to put people on pins and needles with concern. So if I'm going to post things like that then I need to be better about following up, sorry :oops:.

Everyone is up and about today, as I hope you can tell from the photo.
View attachment 2352274
Thanks!
That’s great to hear. And how did you get that fabulous photo that shows THREE fluffy butts AND all their faces at the same time???

Phyllis gets Down and Dirty

There was something that happened the other day which led me to decide to keep the girls contained in the run complex for a while. I don't have time to detail it now but it looked too me sitting in the big run with them the other day. This really doesn't happen a lot unless there is snow which prevents me from free ranging them. So it was an odd situation for the ladies and everyone was adapting.

Phyllis decided to take advantage of my presence and dust bathe right next to my chair. I quickly figured out when when first Aurora and then Lilly came over to root her out of her hole. Well rooster Bob would permit no such thing and I shooshed them away.

Here is Phyllis enjoying her peaceful bath.

Sometimes I think Phyllis forgets how small she is. Watch her shake off the dust and flip herself around doing it. 😆 this harpies all the time when she shakes! 🤣

Oh my gosh. I came in to see what was happening at Rooster Bob's place and saw this video. That is so funny!! :lol: Phyllis jumps up and carries on like nothing ever happened, hoping no one saw it. :gig

Back
Top Bottom