I'm on it.
The problem atm is I'm giving her coccivex and Flubenvet. I have to wait for the course to finish before I pour anything else down her.
I've got ducolax stool softner on it's way. and I have another anti fungal treatment coming.
I may try the cayenne pepper, ginger powder cinnamon and lemon juice, or even a day or two on garlic water. But, not until the current meds are finished.
The main thing now is to have her eating. Today was much better. Two days of live yogurt at 10cl dose have helped.
This was a poop sample from this morning. Compared to what she has been pooping this is almost normal.
View attachment 2429934

This morning when I did her crop check her crop was almost empty; just this one squidgy ball about half the size it was still there but moving so not obstructing the crop drain all the time.
However, underlying the crop problem is bound to be another problem. The favorite is egg yolk peritonitis. If this is the case, then she is goinng to die, probably by my hand when the time comes.
Meanwhile I will go through one treatment after another in the hope that it is a less serious problem.
She looked and acted more like herself today and doesn't seem to be in pain. Her demeanor is no worse than it was when she was moulting.
View attachment 2429949
View attachment 2429954

She ate well this evening and has gone to roost with her tribe with a full crop.
Four more days to go and then, if her crop is still not draining I'll move on to the anti yeast/ anti fungal and maybe a molasses treatment.
I can't feel anything abnormal in her lower abdomen but I have no way of knowing if she can lay eggs because hse, like the others, has stopped for their winter break.
I think this is great progress... the best that can be expected. I sincerely hope it’s just a crop issue, but I also understand it might be something else. Taking a break from laying is probably good for her.

Morning all! I'm back to my normal state of trying to catch up...I only have 42 pages to go...that translates to 420+ posts...:th

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

I missed posting my FBF post yesterday...hopefully it's okay if it's a day late...:D

I believe Maybelline (FBMC) has the fluffiest butt in my flock...it's a toss up between her & Ophelia (BO) whom I will share next Friday!
View attachment 2428624View attachment 2428625
Great pics!

Good afternoon everyone! It's a beautiful but chilly day here today! I spent the morning raking up leaves and pine needles in the free range pen! The chickens were such a great help...no, not really...:gig! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! :)

Part of the cleanup crew!
Chicken Pen Leaf & Pineneedle Cleanup Crew 11.29.2020.jpg

Enjoying the newly uncovered grass!
Chicken Pen Leaf & Pineneedle Cleanup Crew Enjoying the grass11.29.2020.jpg

My husband was on the garden side and the whole flock followed him, hoping for a treat...of which he gladly provided for them!
Following Dad for a treat  11.29.2020.jpg

Good afternoon everyone! It's a beautiful but chilly day here today! I spent the morning raking up leaves and pine needles in the free range pen! The chickens were such a great help...no, not really...:gig! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! :)

Part of the cleanup crew!
View attachment 2430013

Enjoying the newly uncovered grass!
View attachment 2430021

My husband was on the garden side and the whole flock followed him, hoping for a treat...of which he gladly provided for them!
View attachment 2430022
If you build it, they will destroy it!

I concur. Bridge does not fight, and she is definitely the Boss. One look and others will get out if her way if she wants them to. Lately, I do notice her backing off from certain things... like when tomatoes are involved, sometimes she’ll hold firm and have her fill, other times she’ll let others in. She is also very tolerant of the junior hens and of the pullets. I feel a little sad for her, since her besties died last year. I’m not sure if she really has a special friend in the flock. I have more to say on that and will do so in another post.

I have to agree too, from my observations. Lucy is top hen and is rarely physical; Charlie is 2IC and is a bully. Not that the Faverolles fight back but Charlie is always grabbing their combs, or ripping out a few head feathers.

Back
Top Bottom