All caught up again. Sorry about the extra pages of comments.

BRIDGE

So Bridgette has been a little off the last couple mornings. She seems not to like the cold. She’s eating, pooping and preening normally, but I’m just slightly concerned, since she stands around slightly puffed up in the morning. She’s not the only one... Roxy doesn’t like it, eitherand has not quite gotten over molt. Bridge is the longest, slowedt molter of all time and I still see her drop a feather occasionally, so maybe it’s just that?
Hattie had been like that up until a few days ago. She just didn't like the switch to cold weather, then the fight likely extended it. The last two days my flock has been their usual feisty selves. Much more normal.

Last edited:
Haha! No... I minored in Spanish at the University of California at Berkeley. However, that was decades ago and I never used it, so I’m super rusty!

I'm learning Italian on the Duolingo app. I learnt it for a couple of years in London as we had an Italian flatmate, then took it up again a couple of years ago. Because, you know, Australia borders with Italy....

YES! It was amazingly easy. Flash decided it was time one night, so I moved the other two over to the big coop that night and that was the end of it. Keep in mind, it was a looong, slow process. I had them out for free range time when they were just chicks, and had them in the see-no-touch mini coop inside the run for quite awhile.
I’m so glad it went so well! Mine seem to get easier each time I do it... thank you ❤

YES! It was amazingly easy. Flash decided it was time one night, so I moved the other two over to the big coop that night and that was the end of it. Keep in mind, it was a looong, slow process. I had them out for free range time when they were just chicks, and had them in the see-no-touch mini coop inside the run for quite awhile.
It was very well done.

And yours? Don’t you have pullets the same age(ish) as mine? How’s it going for you?
Yes, they have been in for quite awhile now.. it went very smoothly.. I also think TRUMP had everyone distracted as he was pretty new himself 🤦‍♀️..... they are doing very well. They have the shape of EEs but they are gonna be much bigger.... they must take after the Cuckoo Marans.

Back
Top Bottom