Twisties come in a packet like crisps/chips and they're yellow and bumpy. I'll find a picture or two.

View attachment 2437202
Looks kinda like a pale Cheeto.
CheetosCrop.jpg

Roosting Arrangements

The flock keeps shifting around from night to night inside the coop. When I got home tonight, only three were “upstairs.” Bridge was up top on a 5-foot roost all by herself. I’m thinking she probably kicked cashew out of the spot at the far end. Ruby and Little Mill were is their usual spot on the other roost in the “upstairs” part of the coop. So that means the remaining TEN were in the main coop! I was glad to see Cashew back is her former corner. I’m not sure exactly how everyone was arranged, as the higher ranked hens start pecking at the lowers if I light it up too much. I think the two 45° corner roosts each had a bird and the remaining eight were divided up 3 and 5 on two more 5-foot roosts.

Ivam also happy to report the littles are fully integrated and accepted. They are reminded of their place, but don’t seem to get chased too much anymore. My heart is warm!
It's always nice when they all finally roost together peaceably. Congrats!

Last day of Fudge's medication today. She's been eating like a horse!
This is her mornings offering after breakfast.
Her crop was completely empty again this morning when I grabbed her off the roost bar.
Fat Bird isn't talking to me because I haven't been carrying her while I'm treating Fudge.
Fudge is undoubtibly better but I'm still not quite convinced the problem/s are sorted. A few days off the meds will give me a better idea.
For poop watchers this is okay but a bit rough. Looking for a smooth bag type surround to the whole offering.
View attachment 2436762
I think that offering looks pretty awesome! Are the urates bright white or am I seeing a slight tinge of yellow?

Chicken tax & a bit of fluffy butts!

Butters came right out onto the snow and started browsing in the bits of clear ground. The news is that her partner in crime (Popcorn or Peanut) decided there was a tiny, tiny patch of clear ground right outside the door that was just big enough for two chicken feet. She gingerly stepped out. Then went further. Once she did that, the other two followed!
View attachment 2436871

More fluff!
View attachment 2436878
Lovely! Looks like their enclosure is holding up really well, too!

Back
Top Bottom