Update on Jaffar's condition: The gurgling in his throat, has worsened. I fear for his life. I have given him antibiotics, which helped last time. but I fear I am going to lose him.
He's such a good rooster, and my heart sinks even thinking of not having him around.
(He's one rooster, that does everything right) and He's my buddy! Calling the Veterinarian today, to at least give me some hope.:fl
I am so sorry about Jaffar. I hope he pulls through for you and none of the other chickens come down with this. I live in the country, and I just can't imagine especially if they were spraying over a huge area that they wouldn't put out some sort of public notice. I mean, besides animal, its got to be harmful to children too right? I know my daughter is not the only child who likes to play outside until or after dark on warm days.

I put a teaspoon or so of raw apple cider vinegar in my quart size waters, I think I saw orginally a tbsp per gallon somewhere. They seem to like it or not notice. I put some in my own water sometimes too. I have preferred brands for flavor since I make mine stronger, they don't seem to care ;) while it is hardly going to be the cure all some claim, it does have lots of good properties and certainly is certainly always worth trying.

I put a teaspoon or so of raw apple cider vinegar in my quart size waters, I think I saw orginally a tbsp per gallon somewhere. They seem to like it or not notice. I put some in my own water sometimes too. I have preferred brands for flavor since I make mine stronger, they don't seem to care ;) while it is hardly going to be the cure all some claim, it does have lots of good properties and certainly is certainly always worth trying.
Thanks

I had plans to build a new run and coop for the littles today. but Jaffar needs help. so we are off to the vet. I will keep him as comfortable as possible on the trip!
(I just hope he doesn't want to drive, like last time):love I love my rooster Jaffar!
I'm also bringing Rocks-Anne too, just to keep him occupied. (Those two, are inseparable)

I am so sorry about Jaffar. I hope he pulls through for you and none of the other chickens come down with this. I live in the country, and I just can't imagine especially if they were spraying over a huge area that they wouldn't put out some sort of public notice. I mean, besides animal, its got to be harmful to children too right? I know my daughter is not the only child who likes to play outside until or after dark on warm days.
Exactly right! This is CA. There has to be a duty to warn.

I had plans to build a new run and coop for the littles today. but Jaffar needs help. so we are off to the vet. I will keep him as comfortable as possible on the trip!
(I just hope he doesn't want to drive, like last time):love I love my rooster Jaffar!
I'm glad you are taking him. Stay safe and have a good adventure together. :hugs :hugs

After rereading my previous post I want to make it clear that I was in no way doubting Alex that no warning was giving before the spraying. I just find it hard to wrap my head around the fact that it was not. I mean, I live in rural Eastern Kentucky and even if our local volunteer fire department plans a practice teaching burn locals are given a weeks notice prior through several different sources. That is minor compared to a huge pesticide spray and no notice given. Again, prayers for Jaffar, I hope he is able to pull through this.

Back
Top Bottom