Love this, Bob! I played with slow mo awhile back and discovered when the are picking at sprouts, they actually twist there heads back and forth a bit to pull them out. To the naked eye in real time, it looks more like a peck.
Did you see the piece of corn fly out of Sydney's beak? I thought that was pretty cool.

Yep! They do wonders for coaxing a sick bird to eat. I believe they are very high in fat, so they are an extremely rare treat.

Having said that, I do have crickets on order and some are arriving tomorrow. I can’t wait to see what the girls think!
We will need cricket video. Just saying.

Ok. I tend to jump a little to quickly at times. I'm sorry but the fluffy butts folk must be asleep. We all on different times.
It would be good to find out which incubator you go for, I would like a small one eventually :)
I'm on east coast time. I was asleep at 1:30 am. I also have never incubated so sadly I have no advice. Hopefully others can weigh in.

I had a big day yesterday. 3 separate social calls adding up to about 4.5 hours of driving. :th 😴

I spoke to my Dad. He used to sit by the radio after dinner and embroider the table clothes and doilies to give to my Mum to encourage her to go out with him. Rather like a bower bird trying to impress the ladies come to think of it.🤔
He says that he bought the fabric with the designs printed on them and he would fill them in with embroidery.
His Mum, my Nana, would then crochet the lace for the border. She must have liked my Mum too. ☺️
One of the tablecloth + doily sets took him over twelve months. Now that's dedication!

Alice laid another egg today. I have put them both on another, much larger, doily to show off.
View attachment 2554382
They are magnificent. His eyesight and dexterity must have been outstanding. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom