I threw a freshly grown clump of grass at my girls and they went wild!:wee:ya

I did that yesterday and they all went crazy also !!

I post less these days on personal stuff but I have a business page. I’m hosting a free webinar this Saturday so I’ve been promoting that through composer and songwriter groups. I also follow a couple of Faverolle pages, plus other bits and pieces. It can be a real time-waster! :rolleyes:

When I was going to school, one of my first classes had us join social media and I just never closed my Facebook account. I have it to keep in touch with family a few friends, a bible group when I was going through a time of bible study or learning and of course our Barred Holland chicken group. The person that buys every year so far, found us on our Facebook Farm Page we made and I keep up. I usually go check it once or twice a week and I'm horrible about posting to our page, since nothing is really happening. And plus we have so few birds left at the moment.

I went into town today. I took my camera!
These chickens are out most days I go past the house. I thought I would get a few picture. There are four roosters at this house. Most of the hens are Catalans. There are also some Black Minorcans.
P3080610.JPG
P3080612.JPG
P3080614.JPG

This is another house I pass. This lot of chickens were in the vegetable garden for a few weeks turning over the soil. The man who owns the plot says he fenced them out last week. Again, these are Catalans and Blck Minorcans.
Yes of course I gave them some walnuts!
P3080617.JPG
P3080619.JPG
P3080621.JPG
P3080628.JPG

Why do spring hormones have to bring health problems? Ester is still not laying, and I think she starting to slow down a little. However, she isn’t squatting, so maybe she’s just out of lay. I noticed Little Mill was breathing heavy and discovered she has a giant bloated abdomen. She started squatting for me recently, too. I gave her a low-dose aspirin before bed to help with inflammation and ascites. I’ll make mash with Lily of the Valley Aloe Detox the next couple days, too. However, I suspect she’ll be seeing the Avian Vet soon. She might feel better with draining and I’d like to know what color the fluid is. She and Ruby are best friends. Her behavior is completely normal aside from the heavy breathing while she sits.
Spring brings out health problems because for many, the egg laying cycle starts up again. This is a massive drain on resources.

Back
Top Bottom