We have gone from winter to summer. It has been mostly too cold still at night to get much in the ground, still hitting freezing or below many if not most nights. Now it is suddenly predicted to be 80-88 this weekend!
Did manage to get one set of cabbage and peas in, much to the chickens consternation. That garden area was a favorite winter hangout.
View attachment 2617906
Same spot before they helped clear it
View attachment 2617910
Mine hate when the garden is planted as well. It is a favorite hangout here as well.

If they have choice, they will pick the best spot. Mine use everywhere. Mostly though it takes place under the coop. I don't know why other than great protection from aerial predators. They can truly relax there.
Yes, the ability to relax. They half-doze and rest in between bouts of kicking and squirming! Do you still have a camera under there?

Yes, the ability to relax. They half-doze and rest in between bouts of kicking and squirming! Do you still have a camera under there?
I do but the battery is dead and I have not changed them. I can see them under there from the kitchen window so it has not been a priority.

Back
Top Bottom