Ha ha. No. Though not as wild as you might think - we got drenching rain and it went down to the mid-30s in temperature.
It is officially spring and stuff is finally beginning to green up.
I was sure it would still be snowing there. :confused:

Queenie is tooting - wheezing a note - when she breathes (the out-breath I think) and when her head is upright. It's quiet when her head is down, pecking or eating. I've heard a couple of quick squeaks like a cough too. If she runs she's tooting and sort of growly breathing the other way until she catches her breath. She was quiet this morning, we came back from a walk and I heard it. She doesn't feel hot or look off color, shall I bring her inside and look down her throat? Of course I'm thinking some parasite in her airway, or a lung infection. I haven't yet got a poo sample. Need to stalk her for that....

https://youtube.com/shorts/i1LYQnBBtyI?feature=share
I had Hattie scare me one day with a new voice. I thought something was stuck in her throat but it turned out it was a new vocalization she was trying out. It did not seem like she made the sound on every breath. There was a period in the middle where I did not hear it. Is that true?

I had Hattie scare me one day with a new voice. I thought something was stuck in her throat but it turned out it was a new vocalization she was trying out. It did not seem like she made the sound on every breath. There was a period in the middle where I did not hear it. Is that true?
I'll go out and check her again, sorry I don't know what you mean by "in the middle". So far Queenie does NOT make that sound when her head is down or outstretched, in that way it is intermittent. When they are pecking that position makes a straighter airway, seems to me. When she looks up, there is the sound again. It is definitely a new sound and entirely related to her breathing, it is rhythmic, not like when she speaks. But I'll go and check again now.
Am catching up with the thread. It seems there is an outbreak of medical issues! 😢

I'll go out and check her again, sorry I don't know what you mean by "in the middle". So far Queenie does NOT make that sound when her head is down or outstretched, in that way it is intermittent. When they are pecking that position makes a straighter airway, seems to me. When she looks up, there is the sound again. It is definitely a new sound and entirely related to her breathing, it is rhythmic, not like when she speaks. But I'll go and check again now.
Am catching up with the thread. It seems there is an outbreak of medical issues! 😢
OK. It's the positional piece that I missed. I meant in the middle of the video. Does she make that coughing sound they make when something is stuck in their throat?

This has nothing to do with chickens, but so what.:idunno 0DFDB326-4C77-4094-8C45-654A7E400F8D.gif

Back
Top Bottom