So I herded Belle into the cubby area and felt her crop. To me it wasn’t huge (it’s only lunchtime) but it felt a little bit spongy.
She absolutely gobbled down a teaspoon of solid coconut oil about half an hour before so I massaged her crop for a few minutes much to her dislike.
I’m getting no smell from her beak but is it possible it’s early stages of sour crop? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ll try to massage her again before roosting time incase it helps. Got some live meal worms to make it up to her 😉

Edited to say I added some prebiotic vitamin an liquid to their water, don’t have any Greek yoghurt on hand for probiotics. I’ll grab some tomorrow.
E31FA942-BE4B-4BBB-885B-FAF8A39AB076.jpeg

I could be off with my guess but I feel I’m onto something for once 🙃

Last edited:
Have given Belle a little more of the solid coconut oil, then picked her up and sat her on my knee and massaged her crop for about 5 mins, patted her neck and helped get a few feather casings off from the back of said neck.
We looked each other in the eyes for a long time during this, she gave a few soft boks but I got to hold my heart chicken and she was calm 🥰
I let go of my gentle hold on her body and was stroking her neck for a minute before she jumped down. It was one of the most wonderful moments with her since she decided perching on my shoulder was a fun activity 💜

Have given Belle a little more of the solid coconut oil, then picked her up and sat her on my knee and massaged her crop for about 5 mins, patted her neck and helped get a few feather casings off from the back of said neck.
We looked each other in the eyes for a long time during this, she gave a few soft boks but I got to hold my heart chicken and she was calm 🥰
I let go of my gentle hold on her body and was stroking her neck for a minute before she jumped down. It was one of the most wonderful moments with her since she decided perching on my shoulder was a fun activity 💜
That's great. What a lovely moment you got out of all this stress. :love

Belle was giving you a loving chicken thanks!

Back
Top Bottom